Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

one man band

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Nov 22, 2001.

1. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    ok at home i have my bass...my electric...and alot of things to hit..i also have a tape recorder that is used to recored meetings and stuff like that. Last night i decided ill record myself playing electric, bass, and playing my home made drum kit. i taped myself play a bass line, then recorded myself playing the guitar line whilst the bass line was being played on my steroe in the background..now i want to try and to it again with the "home made percussion". i just thought i might tell everyone and see if anyone else has tried anyother was of primative recording:D

2. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    not all at once guys

3. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    any time now.........

4. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    I guess you invented something new, seeing as nobody uses the same approach... :D

Consider getting yourself a used 4-track tape recorder for Christmas. With one of them, it would be a LOT easier to make the overdubs. They are pretty cheap to come by, e.g. The Tascam Porta 02 lists for USD 225, and shouldn't exactly cost you a whole lot used if you can find one of them, or anything similar from another manufacturer.

Just a little tip, feel free to ignore it. :)

5. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Thanks man
    it may only little tip but it may well be worth it;)

6. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I used to do that!! It sounded like complete sh*t but by God it was fun! Our resident shellfish is right though, you'll eventually feel the yearning for some high fidelity. Four tracks are cheap, then the PC route is a good inexpensive bet. Good luck, any chance of an mp3 of this home made kit?