One man metal band?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Tired_Thumb, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

Anyone hear of this guy? Apparently he plays bass guitar and sings, and that's the band!:eek:

Me thinks me'll contact him about getting his EP.
  2. I think that there is only one guy playing in old man's child plus a drummer who does not belong to the band.
  3. greg

Jun 1, 2004
    There are actually tons of one man metal bands... Burzum, Ildjarn, and Leviathan to name a few....
  4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Xasthur to add another!!

Plus, my avatar is Joe Preston from Thrones, which is mostly just him playing HEEEAAVVY Bass, and programmed drums.
  5. i think this is just him playing bass and singing though, rather than doing all the instruments himself. sounds interesting...
  6. greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Dammit how did i forget Xasthur. Man California has been pumping out some amazing black metal bands- Weakling, Leviathan, Xasthur. Too bad Weakling is gone, they are one of my favorite black metal bands. Leviathan on the hand is insanely amazing.
  7. Tired_Thumb

Tired_Thumb Guest

Yes, that's really what caught my eye. I've heard of people recording all the instruments for their own songs, cool within itself, but the fact that this could be a one-cut project is where the feat seems to rest, just playing the bass, singing at the same time, and calling it a song without dubbing in guitars, keys, drums, or whatever. I definately want to check this guy out further.

[add: I think "one man metal band" was somewhat of a misleading discriptor. It probably should be "one man, one cut metal band."]
  8. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger

Sep 22, 2005
  9. metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Ayreon and ... well.... Necrophagist USED to be a one man death metal band before Muhammed he decided to tour.
  10. TheBrad

TheBrad Baby step bassist - 90% n00b

Jan 16, 2006
    Mountain View,CA
    Wasn't Bathory all Quorthon in the studio?
  11. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    He plays a hamer slammer bass. A girl I used to date had one, and it was fantastic.