One minute silence sound

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by big daddy cool, Jan 11, 2002.

1. I was listening to the first track of avaliable in all colours and I was wondering how I should set myself up to get that kinda sound? its quite similar to the pumpkins tone.
  2. cordova

Oct 24, 2001
    I was just gonna ask almost the exact same question!

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
  4. lol, nice one dave. you used NOT to make funny. hahaha, oh yeah. :rolleyes:
  5. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    what is "one minute silence sound"?
  6. one minute silence being the band, and the sound being the noise their bass makes. It kinda goes bwah bwah bwah. :)

seriously though, i dont know what kind of sound they have in terms of describing it or getting it coz im not experienced enough. Im just looking for ppl who r familiar with them to give me a wee hand.
  7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    wah pedal?

Fretless bass? (mwah)

how about the both (wah pedal + Fretless)
  8. hmm....One Minute Silence is pretty cool...been looking for theyr album for quite awhile.

And....I have no idea how to get that bass players tone, even though it is pretty cool.
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If there are any effects buffs out there who listen to One minute silence, they could probably help. I am moving this to Effects in hopes that you may get more help there.
  10. buy a boss tu-2 and plug it into the normal imput. then play a riff and press the pedal down. Push it again after 60 seconds... instant 1 minute silence.
  11. I think it's his bass. I'm not exactly sure, but I think he plays a spector and I think that's what makes him sound like that.
  12. Redhotbassist

Oct 19, 2002
    Glen diani (One minute silence bassist) plays a warwick streamer stage II, I have there album ''Buy now...saved later'' the tone is brilliant, and the guys a decent bassist.