Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One More time...DiMarzio Ultra Jazz Set - $75?

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by mlwarriner, Aug 12, 2005.

1. mlwarriner

mlwarriner Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    DiMarzio Ultra Jazz Pickup set. Very good visual condition, cannot verify that they work. I bought them for a project that has since been abandoned. Can't remember who, but I bought them from a fellow TalkBassser. Mayhaps he will see this and provide some insight.

$75 plus shipping. Paypal, cashier's checks or money orders. Will listen to trade offers. Will NOT ship outside the USA. Too many problems trying to get stuff even to Canada...

yeah...thanks...

2. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    ADDENDUM: if you buy these pups, and they don't work, I'll refund your $$ or return your trade item to you.

3. If you have, or can borrow, a multimeter it's very easy to verify that they work. Make an ohm reading, they should read something between 5k and 10k. Also, take the tip of a screw driver and verify that the magnets 'pull' on it. If all this happens, they work.

4. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA

nice tip. thanks! will check that out tonight and post my findings here :cool:

5. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Assuming they work ;) , these are great pickups, folks. HIGH output with a nice, classic jazz growl. I have a couple sets myself and I swear by 'em for j basses.

6. Jugghaid

Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    Yup. These things kill.

7. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I have a custom jazz with Bartolini single coils... you don't happen to know if these would be a straight drop-in replacement for my Barts, do you?

8. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    all i can tell you would be to check the respective pickup maker's websites to see if you can find dimensions...

9. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Does anyone know if these would be a drop in for a USA Fender Jazz Deluxe 4 string bass?

10. I would assume so, as someone once made a site detailing some mods he did to his deluxe - one was adding Ultra Js. If you can find his site, he detailed every mod and probably would have mentioned any routing or whatnot.

EDIT: And here's the page: http://www.subsonicfamily.com/bass/session1.html

11. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    PM sent.

12. mlwarriner

Nov 8, 2003
    KC, MO, USA
    and replied :bassist:

13. mlwarriner