1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

One nice looking Squier!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by simpy1, May 15, 2006.

1. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I agree. That is a goregous finish. I bet it sounds good. Some Squiers are incredible.

-Mark

3. Gothax

Gothax

Apr 22, 2006
    Heerlen, Netherlands
    Endorsing Artist: Jim Dunlop strings
    is this the std. squier jazz? if so, it's a walnut finish, doesn't mean it has a walnut body! (too bad though)

4. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    That's one of the best wood matching jobs I've seen on the standard squires. I have played a number of squires in that exact finish, and they aren't bad instruments. I think an SX SJB could be just as good for a good deal less, but I'm not sure if they are available in New Zeland. It says the squire comes with a case, so if it's in as good shape as it says, it's probably a pretty good deal.

5. toad

toad

Jun 26, 2002
    NYC
    I have one of those in that satin walnut finish. The wood is agathis, it's a little on the heavy side, but it really plays well and it looks great.

6. Yeah that's a beautiful Squier. They have them here too. Makes me want to buy the Squier but dammit, it's a Squier.

f0ecd9e0.

7. simpy1

simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    Heh yeah a "walnut" finish is a bit misleading, seeing as it is made of agathis.

Still....I'll keep my eye on it.

8. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    I bought a Squire Precision Bass Special off ebay about 6 weeks ago. It was beat to hell, all covered with tape and magic marker but it had a Bart P bass pickup and a Carvin J pickup and it looked like it had potential so I got it. I cleaned the bass up got a new pickguard and had a buddy fix the wiring and I ended up with a great bass. It has put my other basses (SR5 and a Yamaha BB615) in their cases. The bass sounds good, looks good and plays great.