1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale One of a Kind - 2 neck bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by Thaibassman, Sep 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Thaibassman

Thaibassman Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Price:
    Currency (EU and Intl):
    USD
    Strings:
    Fretless:
    • Y
    My Location:
    Thailand
    Ships to::
    • Worldwide
    • United States
    One-Of-A-Kind 2 neck Bass

Custom built, 2 neck bass.
    The necks and hardware appear to be from a from a Cort Action bass,
    The body and build was crafted by a luthier in Paris (where I bought it) the neck pockets have a March 1999 stamp. It was totally "re-built" last year to the following specs..............

RUN DOWN
    The top neck is a 6 string -B, E, [a] A, [d] D ([a] &[d] are higher octave (same set-up as what you get on an "8"string bass)
    The BEAD is string -thru body and the 2 octave route though to the original bridge mountings - intonation of the octave strings waiver a bit after the 14th fret BUT the bass is still playable
    Clearly a riffmeister -set up the action is good albeit the B is not at a tension to be a slapper

The D easily down tunes to the 5th i.e "g" is an instant power chord in itself

Lower neck is a standard 4 string fret-less E>G configuration
    String tension (for me) is a shade high so a set of low tension flats on the next re-string could be an option.
    The fret board received 8 costs of gloss - the finish is certainly not custom shop but a noticeable improvement on non gloss necks

Both necks have 8 coats of stain on the back which have been sanded and polished to a mat finish - the neck finishes are fast and smooth.
    The body (thought to be basswood or similar) is two part and
    has be hand shaped

Electrics are in 100% condition
    Pick ups modern, 80's tone - the electronics are passive and configured similar to an EB3 - Left to right_ Bridge V/T - Neck V/T 3 way selector 1=top neck 2= off, 3= bottom neck
    The action on both necks is excellent, the truss rods are fully operational and the frets are in good condition
    The machine heads are original + the addition of 2 Wilkinson machine heads for the octave.
    The head has received 4 layers of bronze leaf

Inserted in to the body are two Buddhist-esque, Mojo enhancing amulets (a '90's take on hollow cavity I guess??)

The bass is 6.3 kg and balances, OK when on a strap

You are welcome to Skype me to ask questions and demo the bass

2nd. 3rd. 4th. 7th.