Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One of a kind MTD's?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lo end PUNCH, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    I cant remember where I saw it but it a neck-through 6 string with a maple neck and walnut sides. It was at the winter NAMM. There was also an MTD with three j pups, it was a 4 string I think and was a non-gloss black finish and a white pickguard. I think it had a vibrato bridge on it too. If anyone has pics of either or both could you please post, I have friends who have heard of these but havent seen them. I saw the black one or part of it on this site not long ago. :cool:

2. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx
    The neck through 6 had an ash neck and it is owned by Glenn Kawamoto of Austin Bass Traders.

3. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    I have a 5 string fretless, chambered, neck through, Highly figured birdseye body wings, sitka spruce top, with a Steinberger bridge/tailpice piezo system and one magnetic pu. I'll post pics

Dimin

4. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    :eek: Any pics of that bass at austin bass traders???

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i'm sooooooooooo GAS'ed for a 6'er myself...

mike make good bass.

6. greg

greg

Jun 1, 2004
    Austin,Tx

I dont think so but just search NAMM here and youll see pictures of it. Alot of people from here went to NAMM this Winter and they took alot of pictures.

-Greg