One of a kind Reverend.. hey Rumblin' Man, you there?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dave Siff, Sep 20, 2000.

1. Rumblin' Man

Rumblin' Man Banned

Apr 27, 2000
    Route 66
    I'm here Dave.

I wonder if the string through is original to the bass. It's not listed on the website. I wonder if it was a custom order.

I'd love to hear the difference but the color is a real turn-off, as is the starting price.
  2. MrGump

Apr 20, 2000
    I dont care about the look.If that was a 5string....and things go well this weekend....You never know Dave.

Aug 19, 2000
    Joe Naylor at Reverend is open to all kinds of requests. He offered to put a 2 1/2" Screened Dobro sound hole on my guitar!! (I should have done it!!)
    He does have a new color, "'69 Lime Green" that I believe this is.
    The Fish has a mahogany center block, and I don't see why you can't string it through. I am going to foreward this thread to Joe and see if he has any comments on it.
    BTW...eveything you read about Reverend guitars is TRUE!! They are FANTASTIC!!!
    Was it you that was going on about the Rocco? I posted this somewhere else too, but I finally got my guitar player to try one, and he was awestruck. Most versatile guitar I've ever heard.

Aug 19, 2000
    It slices, it dices, it crawls on it's belly like a reptile!!! The Swiss-Army knife of guitars!!
    Seriously, I have wowed dozens by letting them play it. The look is SO cool...always gets a positive comment. More bang-for-the-buck than anything else!!!
    Will Ray from the Hellecasters ordered 2 Slingshot Customs (3 P-90's) at Namm, and LOVED the new Hellhound Amp!!!

Aug 19, 2000
    Joe tells me that this green bass was an EXPENSIVE custom order that may have been ordered in the WRONG color!!! He said that it sounded a little "brighter", but not much.