Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One of Jared's Foderas found a good home.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Aug 24, 2003.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I was down at the local shopping center for a Sunday concert today when I noticed the bass player holding a buckeye-topped Fodera. The band is the Mar Dels, a very popular local/touring band that does classic to current pop/rock covers.

The bass looked awful familiar, so I went down and chatted with him at the break and asked him if he bought it from John DiMaggio over at Bass Alone. He said, "Yeah, it was owned by some kid [sorry Jared, but we're old] who had three in the store and three more at home with one on the way." I said, "Yep, that's Jared."

He said he had decided that he was just going to get a really good bass in pusuit of "his tone." He was running it through an Avalon U5 into a Mackie FR 2600 power amp with four EA 210's. I just told him, "Well, if you can't get your tone with that, you just can't get your tone."

The bass looks good from a distance, but it's really beautiful up close ... a lot of little different colored patches and inclusions. Anyway, nice bass.

2. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Hey yeah I talked to that guy for awhile in the store. I actually showed up when he was in the store strangely enough. He was a real nice guy and invited me to sit in if I wanted after I played a bit for him, but I think he was just being nice. That was a really sweet emperor I just couldn't afford to keep it with my other expenditures. I'm not about to ruin myself over basses.

That's cool you ran into him.

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    tsk tsk tsk.

BSM would have never said that.

4. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

He told me it was cool.

5. By-Tor

By-Tor