1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

One Of My Best Friends Wife Killed Herself

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Vintage Guy, May 31, 2012.

1. Vintage Guy

Vintage Guy

Feb 26, 2008
    Newark,De.
    I have been in a funk for a week now over this. Just can't seem to want to believe this happened. She was a great person with tons of energy,and the life of the party. The biggest part is nobody can figure out why it happened. Just goes to show,always be nice to people,because you never know how long you will have them around.

2. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass

Jan 18, 2009
    Virginia Beach
    That must be tough.. I couldn't imagine.. :(

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Wow. Sorry to hear

4. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    USA
    Best thing you can do is be there for your friend any time any place ESPECIALLY over the next few months.
    Be very observant to things that he discusses but do not be surprised if you hear some crazy talk, he's going through a crazy time.
    Be supportive, offer for him to come hang out with you away from his place as often as possible, do anything to get him out of the house and always be an open ear.
    Replace the words "I'm sorry" with anything else.
    Once or twice is okay but after that it gets cliche.

Everyone grieves different so feel him out and see what's going to help him through this best.
    Don't give up either this will take time and a TON of energy. This is possibly going to test your friendship to its max. It is not an easy bridge to cross.
    Most important ask him what you can do to make things easier for him, and tell him your gonna be there no matter what and please stick to it, you may get some 2-3am calls, he won't be sleeping for a few weeks. Not good anyway.

Good luck, and my thoughts are with the both of you.

5. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    Sorry to read about this- it's hard to deal with when it's so far from what's expected, if you know what I mean.

I just heard that Junior Saeau (football player who recently shot himself) had insomnia and was taking Ambien. This is one of the drugs that, along with drinking alcohol, can lead to suicidal thoughts/actions. If she was taking any of the drugs like this or an anti-depression drug, it could be a factor.

6. Tendril

Tendril

Sep 28, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Deepest condolences to you and especially to your friend.

7. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Great advice from 1shot. One of our friends died suddenly last fall. They live across the street, and we're very close with his widow and daughters. We've taken exactly that approach, doing whatever she wants for help, but not smothering or saying too much. So far, it seems to have been the right call. She's still in pretty bad shape, and probably will be for awhile. Obviously, suicide has other dimensions, but lots of overlap too. Hang in there. Very sorry for the loss.