Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One of my first shows

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Hamzter, May 13, 2004.

1. ok last night and the night before I had a couple of my first shows. It was really nerve racking.

The first night was Arts night at my school where all the music classes perform for parents and whoever wants to show up. Me and a couple of my friends (one on guitar and one on drums) played To defy the laws of tradition by Primus. It went pretty well other than at the begining we were kind of off but we pulled it together.

Last night there was a coffee house (a thing where a bunch of people from the school come and perform whatever the hell they want, really fun to see some people perform) and I played Pulling Teeth by Cliff Burton and the awakening by Les Claypool and the holy maceral(sp?). I did pretty good other than getting alittle sloppy during some of the fast parts of the awakening. A funny thing happened when I started though, after I got called up and set up I go to walk up to the mic to say what I'm going to play, I take one step and BAM step on the patch cord and it gets pulled out, well I thought, atleast it happened before I started playing.

It was really fun to play but the place where both were held was very very hot because of the humid weather lately.

2. Congrats on getting your feet wet with live performance. :)

Anyone with a screen name like 'Hamzter' is ok by me. :cool:

3. they took a few pictures during my performance so I may post them later.

I was using my Epiphone Les Paul special and Hartke b-90 for teh show.