Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One of my knobs on my bass is getting VERY loose, what should I do?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Ok, on my GT-5, the Blend knob has just today gotten very loose to the point where I can turn it in a full circle, which its not supposed to do. I don't know what I should do about it either. Should I take it to a shop or is there something I can do myself without injuring the bass or the controls? Your help is VERY appreciated. Peace.

Oh crap, I just accidentally pulled it out and now its even looser. Help PLEASE!! I can't play without being able to pick what Pick up to use. Thanks again.

2. yea, the knob needs to be tightened to the pot. How would I go about doing this? I really dont want to pay like40 bucks for just this. Any suggestions?

3. Sounds good to me... ;)

:D:D

Merls

4. I think that what Smash means is to look at the shaft of the pot and determine if it's the "split shaft" style. If it is, then you can - carefully - wedge open the slot to make the shaft wider and it'll fit tightly in the knob.