1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

One of my pots is loose.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Poop-Loops, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I noticed one of my pots (volume for my J pickup) is loose on my SX PJ. I open the back cavity and it turns out that the bottom part where the wires connect moves around when I twist the knob. There is some weird gunk in the cavity... I guess to protect the wood or something?

What would be the best way to secure that bottom part to make my pot stable again?

2. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Just slide the knob straight up off the pot shaft. You'll see a nut that tightens the pot to the bass. While holding the pot from inside the control cavity, tighten the nut. Don't let the pot turn or it'll twist the wires right off.

I don't know what the gunk is, unless its shielding paint. I don't believe my SX has sh. paint, though.

3. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    I think someone just sneezed in there or something... :meh:

I can just pull the knob off of the pot shaft? It won't break or anything?

EDIT: Ha! Nevermind, it worked! Thanks. :D