One of my sailors is in the hospital.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by syciprider, Nov 12, 2005.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    An altercation between two drunken groups (these things always seem to involve alcohol) @ 3 AM. Who started what is unclear right now. One of his sailor friends called me up (about 30 mins ago) that this kid who works for me was beaten up by "at least 10 guys". No one seems to remember which hospital he ended up in (and he had no ID. His wallet was found onscene). Now I am faced with the dreadful task of Googling and calling each and every hospital (and police station) in the area to track my sailor down.

In the meantime I have a mind to crucify his friend tonight for not telling anyone about this ASA it happened. :mad:

Moral of the story: When you're drunk, be quiet.
  2. That's what you get for letting your guys go "down range."
  3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Well, this is taking a turn for the worse. I found the guy and talked to his doctor too. He has extensive facial injuries around his orbital sockets and may go blind if not operated on. :(

Why, yes they're my sailors. I am their mother away from home.

Once they sign that line, their @$$ is mine.
  4. I'm the mother of a sailor. And a 16 year old boy.
  5. Hope things turn out ok for him.
  6. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Please keep us informed. Alcohol and altercations are not usually a good thing.
  7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sad, is it not. A few weeks ago, a player on the Seahawks was hospitalized after being assaulted with a street sign outside a night club. Fractured his skull and face. At this point, it is doubtful that he will ever play professional football again.

8. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I sent another one of my sailors to visit the one in the hospital. He is conscious but his face is very swollen. They were stomping on his head :eek: He is one tough cookie. He was in BUDS training to be a SEAL until he injured himself and had to drop out and ended up working for me.

We were able to get a hold of his family in Texas. He was able to talk to his real mother. The Captain and the NCIS have been informed and will visit him tomorrow. I'll be there too. In the meantime, I've done all that I can do for him. :crying:
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I believe you. I watched a documentary on TV about that. You have to be in the ultimate physical, emotional, and mental condition to even attempt that training.

10. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Good luck to you and your sailors. My buddy was just stationed in Pearl Harbor.
  11. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    That's pretty rough...

What'll happen to the "ten guys" mentioned above? Anybody know who they are?
  12. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    All the best for your injured sailor. I wish him a speedy and complete recovery. I also hope this altercation doesn't jeopardize his Naval career.

Best regards,
    - Art
  13. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    I hope you crucify the idiots who did this to him.
  14. Dugz Ink

Dugz Ink

Oct 23, 2005
    I really feel sorry for this guy.

1) Because he had his head kicked in.

2) He has to report to somebody like you.

Using Google is a dreadful task? SUCK IT UP!

And what the heck are you doing posting to a forum when you should be looking for this guy? If he is "your" sailor... as in, you have a position of authority and responsibility... you shouldn't be coming up here and whining to us when one of your men needs your help. (The world doesn't need "mothers" like you!)

I hope your CO finds out that you were posting messages on unrelated forums instead of looking for this guy. Sounds like you shouldn't be in charge of a Liberty Boat.
  15. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    ^^ relax dude, you've been here a month.

Change the attitude or leave.
  16. ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Would you attack him like that if he phoned a friend for moral support? That's basically what he did. It can't be easy for him at the moment. And yes, googling can be counted as a dreadful task in some circumstances.
  17. Wow dugz. Just wow.

Just leave now. Don't even wait to change the attitude.
  18. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification

As an NCO, I feel for ya. It's never easy when these kids get into trouble. Good luck with taking care of him.

Please refer to user agreement you agreed to when you signed up. Specifically: