Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One of my Worst days EVER!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by IAMERICCOCHRANE, Mar 4, 2003.

1. What a day WHAT A DAY. Ok, I have to talk about this as much as I can, no matter how hard it is for me, I know if I dont talk about it I will go back to drugs for the answer. I had an Ailing dog named Bernard, the SWEETEST, kindest Burmese Mountain dog in the world, who me and my family had to put down today. His hind legs were giving up on him and he was over 13 years old.
    So today I woke up, ate my breakfast and got a ride from my mom to school. I got to school and I just couldn't go I was such a blubbering, crying idiot over the state of Bernard. So My mom took me back home and I layed with him for awhile. Then I just couldn't take it anymore so I took my car, in which I dont have Drivers license yet, for a drive and tried to find my dealer to get some pot to take away some of this pain. Luckily I couldnt find him and I ended up going back home. I come home to find Bernard all sprawled out at the end of the stairs whimpering. I knew he fell down the steps when I was gone and That made me feel just 10x worse knowing While I was out looking for drugs my dog was suffering more. So i picked him up and layed him down on a blanket and pet him for awhile. then my mom finally got home and she set up an appointment to take him in to evalutate his condition.
    Me, my mother and my next door neighbor who walked the dog every day took him to the vet. The vet decided that the best thing to do was to put him down. So they put him down and I cried, and cried, and cried.
    We finally drove home and found that my house has been broken into and one of my basses, a sculpture (dont ask cuz I have no clue) and some other inexpensive items were taken, plus half the house was torn up. Luckily it was my old Ibanez that has a shattered finish on the bottom of the bass and they didnt take any of my good stuff that was in the basement. But still it hurt. So im at home as mad as can be, upset as can be and I finally cried myself to sleep. I woke up and im here now.
    I know half of this probably sounds fake but, it really did happen, Im just a crappy writer and cant really type too well in my condition. Sorry for taking your time to vent but I know i have to. And this is one of the only places I know I can where I can get nice replys and no dumb ass trollers and flamers. Well thanks for listening guys. Im off to bed now.

P.S.- we have filed a police report on this but dont expect much action to be taken since theres no way to find out the people who robbed us and Since the bass was a p.o.s Im not too affected by it.

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    hey, chin up man, things will get better.

think of it this way, if today was the worst day ever, then thats as bad as it can get and everything else, perspectively is not so bad :D

hope things spruce up a bit, you never know, maybe there is some reason for everythign thats happened and in the events of today a chain reaction has started that will land you with everything that you could have always wanted.

feel better.
    :)

3. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
    Sorry to hear about your dog, but at least he isn't suffering anymore. Pets are family too, and here at TB, we take the loss of a pet just as seriously...my heart goes out to you buddy

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Sorry to hear about your losses! It's a very hard day when a pet that has been a member of your family has passed away!

Please stay away from drugs - they may seem like the answer now, but they may create more problems than they solve.

About 15 months ago, I had to taker one of the cats I grew up with to the vets to have him put to sleep. It was very hard for me - my parents were on holiday, and Scooby (uhuh, his brother is Shaggy!) took very unwell. My wife had went to my parents house with my 3 year old son to feed the cats - she called me while I was at practise!

I got home, and we took him to the vet - there was nothing more to do! Well, I completely lost it - I bawled my eyes out over it! I actually 'thru a sicky' the next day! Ridiculous, but it's how I felt (I was 31 at the time!)

I now that the poain you feel over a pet passing away it extreme, but give it time, you will find it easier each day to deal with. It won't get easier - you just deal with it better. ALthough for a few months afterwards, my son, who had a very strong bond with Scooby would ask where he had gone...I would well up for a while. He's accepted he had to go away now!

As to your burglary, sorry about that, but that's the kind of society we live in. You can only hope that what goes around comes around. I'm glad you didn't lose much - and I hope insurance will sort out the rest!

If you wanna vent, rant, talk whatever - feel free to PM me! I'm an OK listener, and ta the moment a complete stranger - you might be able to talk more freely...the offer is there!:)

5. hey sweetie, that is what we are all here for. for you to vent and receive support. i am glad you did not find your dealer. believe it or not, you can get through this. it is so hard losing a pet. it is like losing a family member. they are so close to our heart. i know my dog is my family, not just an animal. i am sorry about you getting robbed. when we got robbed they even took the garbage can. all my babies clothes, even the ironing board. they did leave my dishes and pots. cleaned us out so bad we had to start over. that is what you have to do. and you can do it. we are here to help and support you through this. very proud of you for not smoking. keep it up. you can do it. and think about this. when my mom had cancer, and she was suffering horribly everyday for 5 years, and when she died, i had to remind myself and still do that she is no longer in that horrible pain she was in. just like your bernard. your dog is no longer suffering horribly. he is in a good place. free from pain. running around like a puppy again.
    we are here as long as you need us.

6. Thanks guys, your post have helped me out alot. Im doing alot better today, and I can see straight my eyes arent so swollen. Weve decided to Cremate Bernard and sprinkle his ashes over his previous owners graves. What really erks me tho is that when he was just a puppy his owners used to beat him (not the ones in the graves, but before they got him). I dont understand how anyone could beat on a dog so sweet as that dog was. I just hope I never see those people ever or I have no clue what i would do to them. Well thanks again guys and have a great day.

7. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Sorry to hear about your dog. Losing a pet is definitely very harsh. Dont worry, you will heal eventually, but for now, stay away from drugs. Its not a healthy way to mourn. And at least your dogs not in any pain now anymore, and hes probably very content now whereever he is.

And if its any consolation, at least you and your mom werent home when the idiots broke into your house...I dont even want to imagine if that happened..

Hang in there.

8. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    :eek:

Im at a loss for words. I am truely sorry that all of that had to happen to you and all at once non the less. I hope everything clears up for you.