One of the greatest stereo setups I have ever used.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Trevorus, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have some Fisher XP-6 (mid 60's) speakers that someone threw away. They were well taken care of. The surrounds have been replaced professionaly. I brought home my rack rig from church, and am playing with it a bit to build a killer listening station.

Here's the setup:

Laptop with USB audio interface, going to dual 15 band EQ (audio centron), then to the Crown CE1000. This amp could easily kill these old fishers, but I am keeping a head on the whole thing, and it's sounding great. Running a 1100 watt amp not really even close to capacity with some quality speakers is sooooooo clean sounding. I mean, the cooling fan on the amp hasn't even kicked on. I'll have to get pics really soon. Anyone else built a crazy home system like this?
  2. Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Hmmmm mine doesn't sound that crazy. My dad is really into wiring up sound everywhere though...

The Basement:
    Kenwood Stereo- I like it a lot. It's pretty small, and can play CDs, Tapes, and it has the audio jacks in the back which I keep my iPod plugged into. It also has a remote so I can jam in the basement and not have to move towards the stereo! It's hooked up to 4 Boston speakers in each corner of the room and a huge woofer right by where i'm sitting. :hyper:

We have a Pioneer stereo that looks pretty large, and under it there's a 5 CD changer, I forgot what brand. Then there's about 3 speakers in the room that the stereo is in, and then there's wires that lead to a room on the other side of the house with like 6 more speakers. Then you press A or B or A and B on the stereo depending on what room(s) you want to hear the music in.

So I like our stereo set up. :)
  3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I've got a friend who has some Thiel CS7.2 speakers with a Bryston amp, I can't remember what the front end is. That's easily the best stereo I've ever heard.