Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One of the greatest stereo setups I have ever used.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Trevorus, Oct 5, 2005.

1. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I have some Fisher XP-6 (mid 60's) speakers that someone threw away. They were well taken care of. The surrounds have been replaced professionaly. I brought home my rack rig from church, and am playing with it a bit to build a killer listening station.

Here's the setup:

Laptop with USB audio interface, going to dual 15 band EQ (audio centron), then to the Crown CE1000. This amp could easily kill these old fishers, but I am keeping a head on the whole thing, and it's sounding great. Running a 1100 watt amp not really even close to capacity with some quality speakers is sooooooo clean sounding. I mean, the cooling fan on the amp hasn't even kicked on. I'll have to get pics really soon. Anyone else built a crazy home system like this?

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Hmmmm mine doesn't sound that crazy. My dad is really into wiring up sound everywhere though...

The Basement:
    Kenwood Stereo- I like it a lot. It's pretty small, and can play CDs, Tapes, and it has the audio jacks in the back which I keep my iPod plugged into. It also has a remote so I can jam in the basement and not have to move towards the stereo! It's hooked up to 4 Boston speakers in each corner of the room and a huge woofer right by where i'm sitting. :hyper:

Upstairs:
    We have a Pioneer stereo that looks pretty large, and under it there's a 5 CD changer, I forgot what brand. Then there's about 3 speakers in the room that the stereo is in, and then there's wires that lead to a room on the other side of the house with like 6 more speakers. Then you press A or B or A and B on the stereo depending on what room(s) you want to hear the music in.

So I like our stereo set up. :)

3. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I've got a friend who has some Thiel CS7.2 speakers with a Bryston amp, I can't remember what the front end is. That's easily the best stereo I've ever heard.