Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One of the most fun shows, with a ton of problems.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by jiant., Dec 30, 2004.

1. jiant.

jiant.

Jul 3, 2004
    Fort Mill, SC
    So tonight my band played at a local Rec center. We had a pretty decent sized room, and it was one of the most fun shows we've ever played. It was pretty much just for our friends to come out and get to hear our new stuff, since we haven't done anything since October, and we only have had 2 practices since our last show. Anyway, in the first song one of the strings popped off the bridge of one guitarists guitar somehow, during his solo. Then our other guitarists cable broke during one of our new songs that he has a big part in. Finally during another new one, our drummer's bass pedal broke. It was pretty crazy, the most technical difficulties we've ever had, but man was it really a lot of fun, and our new songs, while kind of different, were well recieved. I'm just glad to be playing again. Anyway, you can post some of the craziest malfunctions that have happened at shows your band has done.

2. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    I've ripped the input jack out of a bass head before...

3. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    Back in 1993 - our band is doing support for No1 poprock band in that time in our country. Tour in sport halls and such..
    So, we are coming to the stage, 5000 audience, drummer counts the beginning with sticks - first note of first song - and - MY A STRING BROKE!! :eek:
    Obviously no backup bass - so 1 minute for string change and we start again.. :D Talk about nerves..
    Since that time I always bring backup bass to gig.
    BTW I was 22 in that time, and new in that band, got tape with songs one week before tour to have it learned..
    Nice times, we enjoyed good fun on the tour :)

4. BassWolf

BassWolf

Aug 14, 2004
    Jump into the air, headstock pointed up, I just happened to be standing directly under a gobo light. Light came crashing down, embarrassement, angry club owner.

5. Well, I never played any gigs because I'm too young to get into most of the places down here, but I play bass in my school's jazz band and we were doing a winter assembly thing, so we are setting up all of our stuff on the Orchestra's last song and right in the middle of the song I was trying to make my friends laugh by dancing to the violins and the strap on my bass came loose and I caught my bass's fretboard and pushed down on the strings (my 300 wat amp was on :rolleyes: ) so there was this big "BLAM!" right out of no where.... it was so embarassing :bag: