Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

one of those days?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by dfreeman, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Do any of you guys go through a day when you can't seem to play the bass to save your life?
    90% of the time I can play fine, but every once in a while I'll have...one of those days. My fingers seem like they are retarded and have never played the bass before. It seems like I play the bass half as good as I usually, and nothing seems to come out right. I think this is caused by stress.

2. Yeah, I have those days too, but I also have days in wich the opposite happens and I play twice as good !
    My playing actually almost sounds acceptable on those days ... :D
    B.T.W., you're probably right on the money naming stress as the cause.

3. Jep, know as a bad-bass-day...

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

...Fecal happens! I just hate it when it gets on my hands and stinks up my playing!"

5. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    I think it's safe to say we all have "one of those days". I know I have a lot of those days. And it can get frustrating and discouraging sometimes. But I know that a new day comes, and maybe with it a new insight into something and better practice which makes it a great day. I try not to let the bad days override the good days.