1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

one of those days?

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by dfreeman, Dec 4, 2002.

1. Do any of you guys go through a day when you can't seem to play the bass to save your life?
    90% of the time I can play fine, but every once in a while I'll have...one of those days. My fingers seem like they are retarded and have never played the bass before. It seems like I play the bass half as good as I usually, and nothing seems to come out right. I think this is caused by stress.

2. Yeah, I have those days too, but I also have days in wich the opposite happens and I play twice as good !
    My playing actually almost sounds acceptable on those days ... :D
    B.T.W., you're probably right on the money naming stress as the cause.

3. Jep, know as a bad-bass-day...

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

...Fecal happens! I just hate it when it gets on my hands and stinks up my playing!"

5. stephanie

stephanie

Nov 14, 2000
    Scranton, PA
    I think it's safe to say we all have "one of those days". I know I have a lot of those days. And it can get frustrating and discouraging sometimes. But I know that a new day comes, and maybe with it a new insight into something and better practice which makes it a great day. I try not to let the bad days override the good days.