1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

One of those what bass would you choose if you were me threads

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JETkoten, Mar 28, 2009.

1. JETkoten

JETkoten

Mar 25, 2009
    I'm considering buying my first bass, and would really value all the insights anyone who reads this would share. I was given my first bass, a G&L L-1000, a few years ago by my dad.

I feel I have progressed to the point where I would like more than 4 strings, but then the other day I tried a fretless for the first time and it was a 4 string, but that's all I could likely afford for now.

Please head on over to the G&L board here at the TB forums to my thread here and vote on my poll and/or give me your two cents! :)

Thanks

2. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    more than 4 huh.
    http://www.rondomusic.com/bassguitars5.html
    SX has some great 5 bangers for little price.
    ask around TB, some people that have played fenders for 30 years
    will stand by the SX bass.

try all you can before you buy. if you're interested in a 5 or more,
    play some before you get one. that would be my best advice.
    TRY BEFORE YOU BUY.
    or at least get an idea of what you are getting into.

3. JETkoten

JETkoten

Mar 25, 2009
    I've finished looking for now. I've written a more detailed reply on my main thread linked above in the G&L side

Thanks

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Not being you, I can only say that it's a personal choice, and should be made by you, after PLAYING the basses you like. Finding something you like, at a price you can afford, has never been easier.

5. JETkoten

JETkoten

Mar 25, 2009
    Thanks for your reply RickenBoogie. I've managed to play one, and hopefully I'll be able to find the other basses I'm looking at to play in person some time too!