SOLD One- off buckeye 5 string-reduced price!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by More or Les, Aug 10, 2020.

1. More or Les

More or Les Inactive

Aug 14, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    From the original Reverb listing.....

"This is probably the best bass i ever had and one of the most beautiful basses out there. The kind of details that were added during the manufacture makes it probably the best bass made by Colibri Guitars and basses.

I had this made back in 2018, if I recall correctly. Is a one of a kind bass, made with carefully selected woods, and the best components by Master Luthier Rodrigo Javier Castellanos.

It is a neck through construction.
    Bass body is made of light American swamp ash, with a Buckeye top, with real 24K gold Incrustations (gotta see it to appreciate its beauty) it has a black layer Accent in between the top And body (as suggested by Carey Nordstrand). The neck is made of 7 pieces of maple/wenge, with a top grade birdseye fretboard. The bridge is a Schaller 2000 bridge with Schaller Davincis and S-lock in (guess what?) gold finish. It has a brass nut, double action trussrod. The color is a washed turquoise, that blended with the buckeye and the gold it gives an amazing eye catching result. It has a matching headstock, side luminay markers with black circles, and is finished in high gloss. As per the electronics, it has Nordstrand Nordwalls(Nordstrands take on the Dingwall pickups) with buckeye wooden covers and a Nordstrand 3b preamp, with wooden matching knobs.

The weight is 10lb, scale is 34”, 18mm spacing.

The sheer beauty of this bass is undeniable. Striking to say the least. And she sounds GREAT! The Nordstrand preamp and pickups are outstanding. Neck is extremely "playable"; very very comfortable. You can tell an amazing amount of work has gone into this one of a kind bass. I've done the best I can capturing the beauty in my pics...

mex.JPG mex1.JPG mex2.JPG mex3.JPG mex4.JPG mex5.JPG mex6.JPG

Will ship in the original "UNDER COVER" heavily padded gig bag. Of course, it has been set up, restrung, polished and cleaned, including all electronics.

Cash is king, but I will consider trades.
    Thanks for looking. Stay safe and healthy, wear your masks, and enjoy the rest of the summer as best you can!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  2. Dee-man

Dee-man Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Wow!

6tzguy likes this.
  3. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    BLING !!!!! I can say that I've never seen it taken to that degree before, 24K gold Wow !!

6tzguy likes this.
  4. bass12

bass12 Blistering barnacles! Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    upload_2020-8-12_21-32-15.jpeg

Am I the only one who thought of Chews? Amazing looking burl!

5. 123Nil

123Nil

Aug 29, 2015
    Texas
    Wow..thats pretty

6. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Simply wow.

7. TLicksBass

TLicksBass

Mar 16, 2009
    North Carolina
    What types of 4 strings would you consider for trades?

8. More or Les

More or Les Inactive

Aug 14, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    whatcha got?

9. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    20200829_172430.jpg

10. audreycashin

audreycashin Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    long island, ny
    Spectacular...
    From a wonderful seller....

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021