1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

One Phaser Down...

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Apr 10, 2009.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    So my phaser pedal went down last night mid-gig... I futzed around with it a little bit this morning trying to get it to stop distorting, but I really only made a half-hearted attempt... I knew I was actually a little pleased to have a reason to pull the trigger on a Red Witch Deluxe Moon Phaser.

So I gave up on the repair project and started trying out the Red Witch phaser... Holy Cow!!! This thing is REALLY nice for bass (IMHO). It keeps the bottom fat, it's a little more subtle, and it's super lush.

Now I just need to wait for the next gig to see how it works in a group setting... I expect good things.

And yes, I am now out of stock on this - I bought the last one I had :( I've got more coming from CA, they should ship today and be here this time next week.

My name is Greg, and I'm a pedal-holic. It's been 10 minutes since I last bought a pedal.

Somnambulance likes this.
  2. Hey Greg, ya still got that PT-9?

Josh

3. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I do indeed, and I'll make ya a heck of a deal as is... $100?

4. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    $50? ;)

5. Done! How shall I pay ya?

6. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    PM sent!

7. Incubitabus

Incubitabus

Jul 28, 2008
    One of Greg and Danny's first days at Rocket:

Me: So do you use any effects pedals in your rig?

Greg: No, I never really liked effects with bass...

8. I've found that they(pedals) are quite like potato chips, or my wife's DAMN good banana bread!
    I'll get that baby scoped, repaired, and in my arsenal straight-away! Thanks, Greg!

Josh

9. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I blame Cameron!! I went out to one of the jams he used to run at Cabo, and he said to just plug into his rig (which meant going through his pedal board). Next thing you know, I'm flipping effects on and off and having a blast. 2 weeks later, I had 6 pedals or so, and it never ends now...

10. Yes, Darth Cameron did well. Another one to the Dark Side(where we have cookies)!

Josh

11. For some reason, the system returns a "Deal thread invalid" message and won't allow me to post my very positive feedback for Greg(Rocket music). I'll post it here with the hope that the mod(s) will fix/move/correct whatever is going on. Here's the deal thread URL that works fine when I try it: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=534633&highlight=

Thanks, Greg!

Josh

12. RocketMusic

Oct 31, 2007
    Blacksburg, VA
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yeah, TB doesn't like to use threads in "private" forums like mine for the feedback stuff. No worries, your verbal feedback here in my forum means more to me anyway!

Enjoy the pedal - I'm glad it's fully functional for ya!