1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale One Set of Flats Remaining - Rotosound (cut for 2x2)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by subtlestew, Nov 4, 2018.

1. subtlestew

subtlestew Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2000
    Kent, CT
    Price:
    $20
    Greetings, lovers of flats. I have four sets here, all used but in good shape.

First up is a 4-string set of LaBella Low Tension Flexible Flats, Long Scale, cut for Fender 4-in-line. $25 shipped CONUS - SOLD!

Next, a 4-string set of Chrome flats, Long Scale, cut for 2x2 headstock. $15 shipped CONUS - SOLD!

Then, Rotosound Long Scale flats, 4-string, also cut for 2x2 headstock. I got these in a lot of TI flats and never used them. (These were previously advertised as TIs, but I'm told they are Rotosound. I didn't know - got them in a lot and never used them.) $20 shipped CONUS

Lengths for the Rotosounds (ball end to wrap around tuning pegs):

E: 38"
    A: 41"
    D: 41"
    G: 38.5"

Finally, I've got a virtually brand-new set of Super Long Scale TI flats, 5-string, that I got for a fanned-fret Ibanez. They were installed on the bass and cut to fit its 2x3 headstock. The current lengths from ball end to tuning peg wrap-arounds currently are as follows (there is, of course, more length in the coils that went around the pegs and the end that went down into the peg):

G:38"
    D: 39.5"
    A: 42"
    E: 41"
    B: 40"

The good news is that the bridge saddles on the Ibby allow the string to lay flat, so there is virtually none of that annoying "pre-bend" you get from a new string. So, if the lengths work for you, there are little-played stings that will save you a lot of money over a new Super-Long 5-String set. $69 shipped CONUS - SOLD!

If anyone wants to order more than one set I'll knock $5 off the price of EACH SET in the lot.

WIN_20181104_20_59_22_Pro.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  2. Polk Salad

Polk Salad

Sep 18, 2007
    PM sent on the LaBellas