Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One set of NJ4SE's comin' up!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by MJ5150, Mar 23, 2005.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    WooHoo!

I just decided to order me a set of NJ4SE's from Jay at Blueberry Hill Bass. My MIA Jazz is going to kick even more butt when I combine these pick-ups with my J-Retro.

First off, Jay is a top notch guy. He knows everything about bass pickups......everything. Class act too. I confirmed through e-mail that I want the NJ4SE's. Now I just need to gather up the last of the money to pay for them, and he is going to send them to me.

Now.....I need to find someone near me to help me put them in my Fender. Man, I am SOOOOO excited!!!!

-Mike

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Mike,
    Glad I could help. I also just saw where you're not too far from Bellevue, WA. If you wouldn't mind making the drive, I would HIGHLY recommend stopping by to see my buddy Mike Lull. Not only would it be fun to check out the shop (Guitar Works), but Mike is a great guy and is one of the best when it comes to working on basses. You might even want to have him do a full set-up on your bass while you're there....treat your MIA 4-stirng to the "spa treatment for basses", if you will! :D Your bass will have never sounded or played so good. :smug: I'm sure there are other good guys to go to in your area, but Mike is #1 in my book.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Well, I ended up buying a used set of NJ4SE's here at TB. Thank you Wilbyman. However, I am still going to buy a set of NJ4's from Jay.

Anyone want to offer up any comments about these pick-ups? I read the review from SMASH, which was AWESOME by the way, and a few other comments. Seems like I am in for a treat with the NJ4SE's, although they won't have as much low end as the NJ4's. That is why I am going to buy myself a set of NJ4's.

-Mike

4. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I couldn't agree more with the comments about Jay, and Blueberry hill bass.

The Nordstrand pickups are totally awesome IMHO. Hey jay, does Mike Lull use only Fralin pickups, or does he use Nordstrands too?

I love what those Nordstrands did for my Pbass deluxe. :bassist:

5. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    I own a set of the SE's in my Warmoth jazz bass... and I have another set coming in my Valenti/Warmoth/Geddy hybrid project. They are a great pickup, and I can't wait to get my hands on some of Carey's other designs (Fat Stacks/Dual Coils)

6. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Mike currently uses Fralins (both regular and hum-canceling) and Duncan Basslines. Availability depends on whether you're talking about a M4V, M5V, P4, P5, etc. He's currently looking into the Nordstrand line, so we'll have to wait and see if anything comes of that. ;)