Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

one spot problem

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by skunkrawk, Mar 13, 2006.

1. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    I set up my pedals and plugged in my visual sound one spot power supply at a friend's house and it wouldn't work, it just pulsated. The power lights on all of the pedals would flash on and off at a constant rate. I shrugged it off thinking it was an issue with my friend's power strip or electricity and borrowed his Godlyke and everything worked fine. Then I went home and tried my one spot again and the same problem occured. All of the pedals work fine when I use an individual power source, or any other one (Godlyke.) I just got it for Christmas and have not used it outside my room very much, what's the deal? -Dave

2. It sounds like yours might be defective. I've only had mine for a couple of days, but it does work.

Can you exchange it under warranty?

Mag...

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    What pedal was it?

4. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    It could be defective..

Also, check to make sure that any un-used barrels are not inadvertantly touching aything that goes to ground, such as the plug casings from your patch cords and certain pedal chassis.

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Banned

Feb 5, 2006
    West Coast of Canada
    +1. I use small lengths of aquarium tubing if the chain doesn't come with plastic "protectors", or if I loose them :bag:

6. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
  7. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    so i went to check if any connectors were touching each other or any metal pedal casings and they weren't and the problem still persists. is it just fried you think?

8. Yes, sounds like it's bad, and I think you've pretty much troubleshooted this as far as you can.

Mag...

9. skunkrawk

skunkrawk

Apr 25, 2003
    DC
    thanks for the troubleshooting help/suggestions, i emailed visual sound and they'll be replacing it for free under warranty (really quick and great customer service) -dave