Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One step closer to two amp Nirvana

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by syciprider, Sep 15, 2005.

1. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I picked up an SWR 350X and a Goliath III from my favorite GC the other night.
    The 350X was rackmounted with a 550X and 750X. Guess which head got used the most? Anyway, they gave me the oft ignored and cherry 350X for $350 ($799 @ MF). They couldn't find the footswitch for the octaver. Oh well. I have a Whammy. :bassist:

The 350X is a very nice and crisp sounding amp with a parametric style midrange EQ.

They wanted to move the last Goliath III out of the store. Actually, they want to move ALL the SWR gear because "they are going to stop carrying them". So if you're not from the anti FMIC era SWR camp then you might want to check your local GC for deals. Anyhoo, I got the 8 ohm GIII for $550 brand new ($850 @ MF). The horn equipped GIII can handle 700 watts RMS. It's not a big, bad and booming cab but your notes come out very defined. Ships with casters too!

Now I have my Workingman 210 running my effects and the 350/GIII running clean but for one OD pedal and a T21-GT2. Someday I will get a couple of 8 ohm Avatar 115s so I can drop my loads to 4 ohms for each amp. This will give me 400w out of the Workingman and 350w from the X amp. Oh and my old Behringer fills the effects stereo channel role. Not bad for a setup that never leaves my music room :smug: