Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One-stop shop for bass pickups/preamps?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Taylor Livingston, May 14, 2003.

1. Taylor Livingston

Taylor Livingston Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Owner, Iron Ether Electronics
    Where do you guys buy your pickups and onboard pres? I'm looking for Seymour Duncan soapbars in particular, but it just seems like there's no place (at least on the internet) that has an enormous variety. Most places have maybe Barts and Duncans, but not a big selection of those. Even guitarelectronics.com is sorely lacking in variety. What's the deal? Any help?

2. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
  3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I've had good experiences with Black Rose Custom at http://www.blackrosecustom.emerchantpro.com/

What they don't have he's happy to order for you, and prices are very good.

4. Taylor Livingston

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Well thanks, guys. I looked around the BassCentral site, and they don't have any info on the site about pickups. I was going to e-mail Scott, but it looks like black Rose Custom has everything I need, and great prices. Thanks!

I will say, though, that I wish there was a place that just had everything. BassCentral may in fact be like this, but it's hard to tell from their site. That website really could use some work (visually, and the little "Jump Bar" doesn't work right on my computer). Is that the one at which Gard works?

5. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    Jack Read deals SD and Bart. He knows his stuff. He may be a dealer for some other companies by now. He keeps himself busy.

www.readcustom.com

6. Taylor Livingston

Dec 25, 2002
    Louisiana, US
    Read Custom doesn't appear to have SD, just Barts. Am I looking in the wrong place?

7. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    He probably just doesn't have them listed on the web site yet. Best to drop him an email or call.