One String Bass!!! The ultimate in "sublime", or a Japanese April Fools joke?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fender32, Oct 21, 2005.

1. Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    Wow! I though I'd seen it all after browsing the TB forums, but this really takes the biscuit! :p

Anyone out there know if anyone's ever used one one of these in a band and how it was played (i.e. with fingers, bow etc.)?

I had to forgive the guy who designed it though, after I'd seen everything else that his company (Atlansia) produce. :eek:

Check out the link:

I guess that I'm not the first person to post on this topic, but it's worth doing again, in case anyone else out there has been missing out on this fantastic eye candy (or should that be "eye sushi"?) ;)
  2. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Don't be hating, sushi and Atlansia basses are awesome, heathen. :p

Reminds me of Mr. Claypools Whamola. Atlansia's designs have always been pretty over the top, so I can't say I'm surprised.
  3. [​IMG]

Introducing the new Mark Hoppus signature bass by Fender. Now almost anyone can learn to play their favorite Blink182 songs with ease. List price $799.99.
  4. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I love their single string pickup pods...

Think about it, you could have individual tone/volume for each string or individual string pickup location.

Someday I'll find something to try it on.
  5. By the way, I would totally rock one of these Atlansia basses! Now all I need is some yen...

6. Its funny cause its true. :p
  7. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    You better! Those rule.