one thing you want changed on your main bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adept_inept, Jan 15, 2006.

1. adept_inept

Jan 9, 2006
    we all have a favorite bass, but eve nthe best have problems. what is one thing you would change on yours? me, i want SLIGHTLY wider string spacing on my ibanez sr400. for fingerstule tis great, but for slap, you hit the wrong god damn string so easily!
  2. Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    New bridge - Pedulla Rapture.
  3. WalterBush

Feb 27, 2005
    Yuma, Az
    I want my Steinberger M to have a natural finish, not white paint.
  4. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
  5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Honestly, nothing.

My main playing bass is a Dingwall Afterburner1, and in the 9 months I've had it and played it extensively both on stage and in daily practice there's never been a point where I thought anything would be better changed.

My bandmates in 2 bands would wish for front dots on the fretboard so they can follow me.
  6. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I wish I had more of them (Lakland 55-02)
  7. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Nothing till I saw that F Bass NAMM thread, now the color.
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

same here... well except the strap. I think I want a tooled leather job from Levy.
  9. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I just got me a Blue Whale Pool Afterburner 1 I have not said much about because I haven't taken any pictures,it's more green than blue w/ a flame top. Took right to it, fanned frets didn't mean a thing. I'm impressed. I got a 4 out of love for my F Bass.
    Now I have to get out the camera.:spit:
  10. steve21

steve21 Banned

I've got way more than one thing planned for this guy... Bridge, Tuners, Wiring (Going from Vol/Vol/Tone to Vol/Blend/Tone), and pickups.

And I just imagined how cool it'd be if I had an MM-type humbucker in the bridge and wired it with a 3 band active EQ.
  11. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    The bridge on my Rick. Rick bass bridges are infamously a bear. They're supposed to have a new bridge design out this year, maybe we'll see it at NAMM.

(I know Hipshot now makes a Rick replacement bridge, but I like to stick with Rickenbacker parts, call me nutty.)
  12. I wish my Squier JV Precision was a Rick 4001:D
  13. i would make my jetglo 4003 white and you could adjust the intonation without having to take the string off or getting a new bridge.

and i wish my stingray had a different color pickgaurd on it.
  14. My main bass is a btb1206e. The only things I'd want to change would be the hardware. I'll probably get some wood knobs, and maybe some wooden tuners. I'd also like a moody strap ;)
  15. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

Congratulations! As you know that's the same finish I have on mine...the back (alder) on mine has that same greenish look due to the color of the wood...but the front is pretty much blue.

I still play my ol' P-Bass from time to time, but I really haven't touched either of my Jazz basses nor my PRS since I got it.

For record, any time I bring multiple basses to practice or gigs, all the other guys (including our most regular sound guy) protest...They all like the Dingwall's sound well better than any of the others.

Sometime in the next 6 months or so I have a customized Dingwall Z1 coming. The AB 1 has been so good to me that I wanted to see what the difference between a Dingwall that lists @ 2.2K and a Dingwall that lists @ 5K is.

I also had a bit of a rocky start to my Dingwall relationship (as Sheldon and several others can confirm) as I thought there was a possible issue with my bass...that turned out to be nothing.

***I've never mentioned it, but I've had pretty major F-Bass GAS for over a year now. The only thing is that I'm really sold on the fanned fret basses. If George ever decided to make a fanned fret F-Bass, I very well might be the first in line.
  16. Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    change the wiring. On my Beast, I'd like seperate volume controls for each pickup & a switch to change pickup.

On the one I plan on getting, one of the switches will need changing just 4 ease of playing.
  17. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nothing on my sterling.
  18. Kibuddy

Apr 30, 2005
    I wish my Squier P was a Rickenbacker. :ninja:

Too much?

Edit: I lose. Someone beat me to it.
  19. FeelTheGroove

Dec 2, 2005
    A beefier bridge on my standard Jazz, string-thru-body option would be nice also.