One ugly bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sandman1278, Apr 19, 2005.

1. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Looks like one of the pickups fell over. The bridge pieces don't seem evenly spaced, and it only has 5 bolts in the neck. According to Mr. Ritter, it needs at least 9 to be a quality instrument ;)
  2. not ugly enough to post as "one ugly bass" IMO
  3. abngourmet

abngourmet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Why anyone would even want a 9 string bass is beyond me, but to each his/her own. This being said, I think it's ugly too. :rollno:
  4. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK

Keith Roscoe is crying right now.
  5. Yep
  6. useless

useless Guest

Mar 11, 2004
    As much as it looks like a roscoe, the guy says he built it himself....

The bridge pieces appear to be "strategically" spaced in an uneven pattern.....

but still :rollno:

:edit: is it a roscoe or not?
  7. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    The bridge could be like that on purpose in that the strings are measured from side of, rather than middle of the string, that way there's adequate spacing on the BIG strings. It doesn't look THAT bad IMO, if it was cheap enough I'd even buy it. Only thing I dislike is the rather large looking route, and the uh, jazz pickup that was put in by a drunk guy.

8. greg

Jun 1, 2004
    I just saw this on ebay then i turn on to this forum and there it is. I dont know why but i think im the only one who kinda likes it. The top is pretty nice though.
  9. im not surprised
  10. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I agree with you sandman I think its pretty damn uggly!! Its hideous I dont even like looking at it!
  11. Dr Stankface

Dr Stankface Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Jacksonville, Florida
    It's not the most horrid bass i've ever seen but it's none too pretty. Curious to how it sounds though. :meh:
  12. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Is it just me or are the frets not all straight?
  13. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    They look fine to me?

14. That low string doesn't even seem to be on the neck...
  15. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    That's what I thought.

Also, anyone else notice the lowest 3 strings are thru-body?
  16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Looks like a very inexpensive way for somebody to get into a fanned fret nine string. If I could play that many strings, I would be tempted.
  17. Viviuos

Jul 15, 2004
    Nehawka, Nebraska
    Except for the pickups it doesn’t look that bad. At least it has fanned frets. I still wouldn’t want it though. 4 strings are enough for me.

To answer your question, the frets are not strait and that is the way they are supposed to be. They are fanned.
  18. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Actually the frets are straight, they are just not alligned parrallel to each other.