Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

One year with my Jack Casady Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Nov 19, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I can say overall it is a great investment, works really well live and as a recording bass. Anyone considering going for a semihollow bass i highly recomend this bass to them. I think this bass gets the acoustic tone better then a acoustic bass guitar.This is one bass i would never part with.

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Glad it found a good home and is working out for you, bro.

3. MAJOR METAL

Thanks boogie, do you think you will get another one?.

4. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Don't think so. Although the Epi actually sounds better, I own an original Gibson Les Paul Signature bass in near mint condition. If I crave that "flavor," that one will do the trick!

5. MAJOR METAL

Wow boogie you are very lucky to have such a bass, where did you get it. I havent seen many around.

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Bought it a few years ago locally from a guy who was scaling back on playing. Also scored a gorgeous '79 TBird from the same guy. Nice Gibby's with good collector appeal!

7. Congrats on your first anniversary, Kevin.

What's up, Boogie?

Mike ;)

8. MAJOR METAL

Thanks Mike, is your Jack getting any action with your Ampeg B 100 R.

9. I'm also interested in one of these basses, but heard that Epiphone has some quality control problems particularly with the bridge pulling away from the body. HAve any of you had this problem?

10. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Aug 16, 2001
    Toronto/Buffalo
    It happens to all of them, AFAICT (I've have/had 3 JC Sigs in total), but it's nothing - just put a bit of glue & carefully push the posts back in. Jack had a page up last year where he answered this question.

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Same O, Mikey. HowU?

12. MAJOR METAL

Boogie

If you dont mind sharring how much did the Les Paul bass go for, what are the diffrences in quality and sound between the two. By the way do you have any pics of the bass i got from you. Thanks