Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Onerr

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by deemo, May 23, 2005.

1. deemo

deemo

May 23, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    hey guys, i'm new here.
    so to start off, i bought an onerr digital delay pedal from a local store not too long ago from a brand called onerr. So i've had this pedal for a little while and one day, the little pin at the back where you plug the powersupply in is gone. Snapped off. nowhere to be found. what can i? it's been too long since i bought it for me to take it back and onerr's technical support doesn't respond to emails. any help?

2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    is there a local shop near you that does instrument/amp repairs? If so you could bring it in and have the jack replaced. Or if your good w/ repairs you could find the part and fix it yourself. I am not good w/ electronics, but there are lots of people on here that could probably help you with that.

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    How about some pics of your broken unit so we can see what we're up against. Depending on the type of jack, I may have one laying around here and may be able to fix it.

4. deemo

deemo

May 23, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    k, pictures are up here number 1 and number 2 .

sorry for the bad quality, webcams suck. but basically, inside that black square, is where the little pin should be.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Alright, I'm familiar with the part, and don't have anything laying around to work. Does it work with a battery?

6. deemo

deemo

May 23, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    well yeah it does, but i don't like the hassle of a battery when i have a daisy chain. do you know where i can get the part? and what does it take to fix it?

7. You'll probably need to replace the whole jack, and it's a $3 or $4 part. Switchcraft makes them, but you'll need to know the diameter of the post, and the orientation of mounting (on pc board, termination method, etc.) You should only need to solder two wires and it should be a simple fix.

Here's the Switchcraft jack page...which I found via the Mouser DC Connector page. Hope this helps.