1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Online Bachelor Degree in Music?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Al Bass, May 4, 2010.

1. Al Bass

Al Bass

Jan 11, 2004
    Lake Worth, Fl
    What schools offer Online bachelor degrees in music? I've looked at Berklee Online programs, but all they have are certificates programs (University of Miami/Frost School of Music does Not accept certificate credits towards a degree). Has anyone received a certificate and gotten a job with it? (as a Audio Engineer, Music Teacher, Arranger, etc. ?) And why certificate and not a degree? Why the difference? I see that there are online degrees in other fields - (Business, IT, etc.), but not Bass or Music Production/Audio Engineer. I've been playing elec. bass for 30 years now, and I'm thinking about shifting gears and going into teaching at a university and or working as an Audio Engineer/Arranger. My day job prevents me from going to school fulltime, and there are no evenings/weekend programs in music, thus my predicament. Thanks for any and all advice.