1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Online Bass Lessons

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by jamint03, Feb 12, 2013.

1. jamint03

jamint03

Aug 16, 2011
    Who is a great bass teacher who has product you can purchase that will teach you by ear from begginer to advance (I dont mind free either but you usually get what you pay for). Black Gospel style and or Country is a plus!

2. I notice from your profile you have posted twice and are a guy. How long have you been playing bass? I ask because I do not know where you need to start. I normally recommend the book Bass Guitar for Dummies as it has all the fundamentals, like how to tune it, how to hold it, how to get sound from it, things like that. Is this where you need to be starting, or can you jump right into playing by ear? Do you ........

Know where all the notes are on your fretboard?
    Know the notes in all 12 scales?
    Know how to take a scale and come up with the chords for that scale?
    Can you read sheet music, and if so which kind?
    Reason I ask, most how to books on Country or Black Gospel take for granted you already know the fundamentals and can now concentrate on the specifics of those styles of music. Those sources may be great for how to play Country, but, not touch you how to tune your bass.

Tell us a little more about yourself and we can start recommending the source we feel you need to start with.

I know that is not what you wanted to hear. Google brought up this on Black Gospel http://www.learngospelmusic.com/ Know nothing about this site.

I have used Scott Groves' material and for Country he has acceptable material. http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8q0io_beginner-country-bass-guitar-introd_music