Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Online Cort Curbow Dealers?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm having a tough time tracking down an online dealer of Cort Curbows, or Artisans for that matter. I'm looking for a five or six-string fretless version to be particular. Anyone know of any?

2. I'd try to contact Greg directly. His latest information shows a lot of custom work available, including a 6 string fretless.

http://www.curbow.com/_cort/curbow_cort_1.htm

I bought a fretless 5 from him about 6 months ago, and love it. He might take a little time to respond, but is usually pretty good about getting things done once you talk to him.

Plus, he'll have the cases. The only place I know of besides him that used to sell was MarsMusic.com, but they're gone and it appears the Musicians Friend folks didn't buy the inventory.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I have actually already visited the Curbow site, but they only showed the list price, which is far more than the average selling prices I've seen for new ones on Ebay. I'll give him an email anyway though. Thanks.

4. The list for a Fretless 5 at Cort.com is $850

I paid $570 with a case including shipping. And Greg hand signed it.

5. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Cool. I'll see what works out. Anyone else?

6. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, I was looking for online dealers specifically because I have a very hard time getting around. I'm legally blind which equals no driving and it's hard for me to take public transportation, and getting rides to music stores other than the few local ones isn't usually a task most people volunteer for.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks Acoustic! Old site, so I'll make sure to email them.

8. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Contact Greg. I guarantee that his price will be better than anywhere else you find online for a new one.

I'm going to call him today, in fact, so I'll tell him to keep an eye out for your email.

If you send an email to info@curbow.com Noreen will get back to you pretty quickly.

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Try a search for them at GBase. I've seen plenty there in the past.

10. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Thanks a lot guys. And thanks for the heads up, bassmonkee. I'll be sending out an email tonight.

11. Curbow

Curbow

Aug 1, 2002
    Hey Guys and Girls..
    The best thing is to call Me Via land Line.....
    706.374.2873, 10 til 5 EST.
    I am so slammed by E-Mail :)
    I find it so difficult to get back to everyone!
    Thanks......
    I will take care of everyone;;
    I try to keep all the Cort Models, Colors, Etc, In stock!...Even a few odd pieces!
    I also Have all the USA Bartolini Pickup and Electronics Upgrades......
    Prices!!!!!,You never know if you don't Call!
    Greg Curbow

P.S. Thanks Bassmonkee, Your the best...