1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

ONLINE COURSES - for Upright Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by BostonJazz72, Jan 11, 2017.

1. BostonJazz72

BostonJazz72

Nov 30, 2010
    Chicago
    There was a post in the electric section asking about online courses. Many noted Scott Bass. However, is there something similar for upright?

Thanks!

2. Maple

Maple Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2016
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Yes - it's run by the other guy from SBL.
    Discoverdoublebass.com

I signed up recently. It's free to sign up but then you pay for lessons within the system. Could be good but I haven't tried a pay lesson yet.

Edit - other guy = Geoff Chalmers :)

ColdEye and BostonJazz72 like this.
  3. Josh Kneisel

Josh Kneisel

Jun 17, 2016
    Arizona
    ColdEye and BostonJazz72 like this.
  4. Chris204T

Chris204T

Feb 4, 2014
    Dallas area
    Discoverdoublebass helped me a lot. Home Lots of free lessons, and you can sign up for the complete course if you want to spend a few bucks, about the cost of one lesson with a good teacher really.

There are lots of free lessons on YouTube, just search for "upright bass lessons". I've pretty much watched them all.

There are other excellent videos for free on YouTube for jazz bass that I've used , such as those by Chris Fitzgerald:
    Chris Fitzgerald
    Zolton Dekany:
    Zoltan Dekany

BostonJazz72 likes this.
  5. Tom Lane

Tom Lane Gold Supporting Member

John Goldsby has video offerings here. I haven't seen the videos, but John's books are second to none.

BostonJazz72 likes this.