Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Online Custom Bass Builder Shop.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slapnuts, Sep 24, 2005.

1. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    A while back some guy I know mentioned a website on the internet where they build you a custom bass. You fill out your specs, they build, and then they ship. Anyone know what this site might be?

2. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

3. Hmm alembic as well maybe? :D

4. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    No, for some reason I think it started with a w. I also think it had a turtle logo.

5. DaveDeVille

www.warmoth.com
    :D

6. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    BINGO. Thanks a ton.

7. DaveDeVille

your'e welcome :D

uhmmm , did you know that Warmoth won't usually do a complete build for you ?

you buy the body , neck and accesories , then put it together yourself.

it can be done , { i own a beautiful Warmoth bass } , but unless you are competent at bass building ,
    i might suggest you call or e-mail one of the builders i mentioned earlier ....

EDIT:here's my Warmoth ...

Attached Files:

8. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    Oh. No One told me that they didn't build the bass. That sucks.

9. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Well Valenti, as mentioned above, uses parts from warmoth to build you a bass how you want. So if you really wanted a warmoth bass, have him whip u up one, he gets great reviews around here.

10. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
    And how much might that cost me to have him build it, do you think? I am just asking for a rough estimate.

11. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    You can see for yourself here Nino also frequents the board so you can send him a PM

12. Tbeers

Tbeers

Mar 27, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    On his site there is one bass for which he says, "This bass would normally sell for $1720.00"

It seems like that's one of his nicer ones, too. Valenti seems very reasonable for what you get.

13. slapnuts

slapnuts

Aug 9, 2005
    Marietta, GA
  14. Nino has skills. He works for Sadowsky if I remember correctly so some of that has probably rubbed off on him. :D

For a custom bass using Warmoth parts Valenti is "the man".

15. Anybody mentioned Carvin ?
    Carvin is a f*cking good deal. A basic bass (with a few options only) is about $1000, and according to my bass teacher, it sounds like a $2500 worth bass :D. He says when he sees somebody playing with a Carvin bass, he doesn’t know why they don’t sell them $2000 or $3000... It’s very very affordable for what you get.
    I buy one a month ago, i’m still waiting for it, and i just can’t wait! A 5 string active/passive bolt-on bass with many options like two humbuckers, low-wide frets, an amazing color (greenburst on flamed maple :eek::eek: ), i got it for $980 US (shipping included). Wow. Amazing, huh? :D Take a look!

16. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Im not really sure what youre looking for (what are you looking for? realize that you need to really be very very sure of yourself when ordering a custom. its not like you can try it out before you get it), so care to share? It really does make a huge difference. If price is an issue, check out Dave Pushic at www.dpcustom.com or .. hmm.. theres another relatively inexpensive bass builder who makes some really nice stuff. Also, Valenti's basses arent expensive at all (I think that 4-strings start at 1300 or 1400).

17. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    The other one is Stambaugh.

18. I also thought you were referring to Carvin (until you mentioned the turtle logo). Both Carvin and Warmoth make great stuff. You can also build your own Carvin from a kit.