Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Online FPS Games

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jaggedsphere, Nov 13, 2003.

1. jaggedsphere

jaggedsphere

Jul 15, 2002
    Ottawa
    Which online games do you play?

I play Unreal Tournament - Assault

2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    UT CTF

3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't play many games anymore(particularly because I don't have a computer right now)

BUUUUT

there was one game that I was REALLY into, before I left for boston.

it's a combination RTS/FPS called SAVAGE, it's not really MMOG, but you can have up to 64 players in one game.

it's a really neat game.

There is a demo available that limits you to 1 of 2 races(humans) and only 2 maps.

but the demo is still VERY fun, I eventually bought it, but you can have a lot of online fun with just the demo.

www.s2games.com for more info

UT is fun too :p

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Delta Force 2

5. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    America's Army

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    CS: But I suck
    UT: Fair-to-middling
    Red Faction: Funner'n fun, especially since so few play regularly, you can get together with buds on almost any server.

I refuse to play Allied Assault againt my little bro... he's scary. If you see Trundle online, run.

7. Day of Defeat - WWII mod for Halflife. I will "ownz" you all in it.

8. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    UT 2003

9. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Adrenaline Gamer mod for Half-life.

Its the best FPS ever. no contest, in terms of skill, community, speed and adrenaline.

www.planethalflife.com/agmod <- for the mod files

www.hlccl.com <- for the biggest european league (some american clans)

with HLCCL (half life clan collision league) we play every sunday evening during phase time.

we have the nations cup, the summer cup, the clanbase cup, the knockout + rockout.

over 60 clans compete. theres many american leagues too

10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    If you ever see "crappy robot", that's me.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I don't have one of them there "cutting edge" computers and I really don't have a lot of excess money to buy games so I usually play Counter-Strike (I know, I know...it's oldZorZ) or Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. Enemy Territory is fun and best of all it's free! I encourage anyone who hasn't played it to download and give it a try. It's multiplayer only and it's a standalone game so no previous Wolf game is required.

brad cook

12. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    I used to play CS for nearly three years, I quit over a year ago though.

Now I occasionally dabble in Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, which is quite fun!

I do play a bit of Battlefield 1942 on LAN´s though.. (that is when I go to LAN´s, which is very seldom).

13. Ace123

Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I played counter-strike for about a year, then had to quit because it was too addicting.. seriously.. But now i'm back into it and can't wait for it to come out on XBOX and XBOX LIVE.

14. juanpauribe

juanpauribe

Dec 16, 2001
    Colombia
    the xbox version is going to suck badly. its all about the mouse and keyboard, so even if they come up with a great game, the gamepad will never compare.

15. Counter-Strike.

I can't wait for the xbox version either. It uses the same game engine so it will feel similar, not to the mention the huge upgrade in graphics. Just tweak the controller sensitivity and you can make it almost like the pc version.

16. Ace123

Ace123

Sep 25, 2002
    Rochester, NY
    I think that's going to be the only problem getting used to is the controls. But other than that i don't see why its going to fail, it'll be great.

By the way, jr, do you have xbox live and if so what's your user name?
    Mine's Ace123

17. Natural Selection. (an excellent half-life mod) The best description I can give of it is "first-person strategy"

I'm also a Day of Defeat fan, but it's seemed like a DM ever since I've gotten in NS. (and compare DOD to cs, etc...)

18. Yeah Day of Defeat is a bir of a deathmatch unless your in clan vs clan play. Also DOD 1.1 is releasing in a few days.

19. 1.1 is out NOW!!! :)

I stopped playing it when I got NS working, but I may start again with 1.1. Both are great mods, and I like them soo much more than CS.

20. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    when i was in college, i was a CS MONSTER. really... "Joker's_Wild"

course, i lost it all... cant even shoot with the AK at all anymore... :( :bawl: