1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Online Lessons

Discussion in 'Ask Adam Nitti' started by lsu921, Apr 19, 2010.

1. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Port Allen, La
    Anyone on the TB forum doing online lessons with Adam? I'm debating between that or doing Music DoJo plus Adam's DVD when it's ready.

2. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I have done both. The Skype lessons are definitely better. I have done the music dojo lessons too. I prefer the instant interaction of the skype lesson. I did lessons with Adam when he was still living in Atlanta and the skype lesson is almost like being there. If I were more disciplined, I could probably get by with the musicdojo lessons. All that said, I would highly recommend the skype lessons. You will not be disappointed.

3. Treybass

Treybass

Mar 2, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    I'm wanting to do the Musicdojo with Adam, but every time I go to make a transaction, there's an error. The error tells me to send an email to the support. So, I send an email aaannnddd... No reply. I send a second email annddd... No reply. I also notice that the site's security certificate has expired. Anyone else having this problem? I'm getting a little concerned..

By the way, the class I'm wanting to enroll in is Walking Bass 2, if it's in any way relevant to my problem.

4. adamnitti

adamnitti

Nov 29, 2001
    hi trey-

so sorry for the trouble you have been having. we just dealt with this with another student last week and had to figure out what was going on. i'm not on the tech end of things so i don't handle those issues directly, but i just forwarded this thread to my tech guy and will make sure this gets resolved for you asap. if you don't mind, please pm or email me the email address that you used for musicdojo signup and i'll forward that, as well...

a couple of months ago we did undergo a MASSIVE site tech upgrade that ended up resulting in a couple of glitches in the system. i wonder if your experience is an artifact of that changeover... we are on a different server now, so hopefully most, if not all of those issues have been resolved. please let me know if you don't hear anything back by the end of the day and i'll make sure it gets resolved. in the meantime, if you have any other questions about dojo or online lessons please don't hesitate to ask.

sorry again for the inconvenience-

adam nitti

5. Treybass

Treybass

Mar 2, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    PM sent :)

6. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Adam is a great teacher. I really enjoyed the few lessons I had, but now due to some financial constraints I'm trying to do the "teach myself" thing. It's not working very well, but I still enjoy playing and play almost daily. I will occasionally pull out the homework Adam gave me and play it.

7. Treybass

Treybass

Mar 2, 2008
    Norfolk, VA
    Well, it's proven so far that it's an indispensable tool! :smug::smug:

8. Im also having trouble getting started over at Music Dojo...I set up for classes and see the payment came out of the bank, under my profile it doesnt show that Im registered...also any of the email addresses get no response...

9. adamnitti

adamnitti

Nov 29, 2001
    hey there-

can you pm or email me your login info and what class you signed up for? i'll be happy to help take care of the issue. not sure why you are not getting responses from support. i actually just checked in with them today to get an update on the payment link fixes and to also test the addresses... i'll forward this thread to them, too. so sorry for the inconvenience.

10. thanks alot!! pm sent...

11. JimiSparx

JimiSparx

Sep 10, 2007
    I can attest to the value of online lessons with Adam. He is great and has great teaching tools to help you reach the goals you set at the beginning. I wish I had been able to devote more time to them. I still practice the things that I learned from Adam. It truly is just like being in the same room. Except Adam's room is full of killer basses and other cool gear.

12. foundation

foundation

Jul 24, 2010
    PM SENT

13. sundaydriver

sundaydriver

Sep 5, 2010
    Maine
    I had trouble getting payments to pass through last year on MusicDojo, but just recently took the Walking Bass 1 class and had no issues. All three classes that I've taken had great material that I keep reviewing. I'm not so interactive but like the daily assignments and progressive nature of the classes. Our church is hosting a musician's workshop weekend and I'll be working with bassists. You can be sure I'll be highly recommending MusicDojo and TalkBass!!!

14. Sort of the opposite problem. Adam I apologize, I signed up for Jazz Improv 1 thru dojo, and my own time got away from me. I dont know how the other students went thru the material so quickly! I'm a lunkhead, and a "time challenged" one at that!

For dojo, I would suggest that you have time DAILY to spend on the lessons. Else you might blow $50 to no avail like I did. I do like musicdojo.

15. adamnitti

adamnitti

Nov 29, 2001
    lol, no problem! the cool thing is that you have unlimited access to the classroom and material after the course is done. any student can go back later and catch up if they need to.