Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Online Madden Players, Unite!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by moxnix9, Oct 8, 2002.

1. If you play Madden 2003 online then post your username so others can challenge you. Mine is Moxnix3658, I think. I suddenly blanked on the last two digits. I'll edit it later if it's wrong. I really only have time to play on the weekends and little time then. So post and be ready for a FOOTBALL game, not hail mary after hail mary. Real american football.:cool:

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Amazingly, I'm known online as....

Jazzbo

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Darn it. And I had my money on ~*^fIeLdY_h0pPuZ_fAn_666^*~. I guess I lost.

4. how much is the network adapter and is that all you need to go online?

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    $39.99. You need an existing internet connection, (i.e. AOL, etc.).

My problem is that I'm on dial-up. 56K. I've had three disconnects during the 8 games I've played. Plus there's a little lag. C'mon Phatboi! Get hooked up so we can ball!

6. I cant get the sony adaptor anywhere around here (sold out til christmas) and I am not sure of the reliability of any others (not that I know any anyways)

7. Sorry to hear that Jazzbo. I play with broadband and my record is 6-3 I think. Tell me if you ever get broadband and we could hook up.

8. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Well, we could still play a game, the lag is only on my side. My losses are only from the games I've been disconnected on, (if the other person stays on and beats the CPU you get the "L"). I've never actually been beat!

9. Darn it, approximately 5 people have quit on me and I just quit after them because I still won't get a W. I'm sticking around from now on. While I'm here Jazzbo, I'm gonna be playing from 3 PM central time zone till probably 10 PM or later (parents going to Elvis Costello concert). I'll try to find you throughout that time period.

10. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Yesterday I played against a "cheeser". He was the Rams, and every single play was a shotgun, 5 WR set. He would just throw hail marys for every play. Very boring. He did manage to score once, but I was so bored with the game I didn't care, so I would just line up in field goal block formation, or when I had the ball I would deliberately run out of my own end zone for a safety. The worst part was, I gave him the ball with 30 seconds on the clock, and he was winning 13-3, and he still tried to hail mary it. Cheese.

I also played a quitter yesterday. Quit on me right at the end of the game. So lame.

11. I haven't quit yet and will never quit. I lost a game 70-24. Goes to show ya.;)

12. camoe

camoe

Sep 7, 2001
    Lafayette, CO
    I haven't played Madden online as I only have a 56k connection and was worried about the situation that Jazzbo describes (getting booted offline in a game). However, I may give it a shot to see how it goes.

Jazzbo - How I deal with people who only play long pass formations is to run a 4-3 whip man and I shift the line, DBs, and linebackers. I have some friends who only use 4WR shotgun sets and this play totally disrupts them..I'm talking 10 sacks a game if your linebackers are any good and a strong possiblity of knocking their QB out of the game. This forced people to ...get this...use an I formation for the first time.

Peace

13. Sounds exactly like my normal game plan!

I plan on getting the sony adaptor sooner or later myself, but for now I only have cash to pay for Xbox Live.:p

14. Any time people go from Shotgun I just blitz two or three LBs and the QB gets sacked faster than he can pump his arm. On occasion I get a fumble, too.

15. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Well, I never said I couldn't beat it. Generally, I can beat it, (although the Rams did get the best of me once), it's just boring to me. I like players who use run and pass, who try to play off of mismatches. And c'mon, going for it on EVERY fourth down? It's fourth and 17 on their own 35 and they go for it. Usually, that's where I stop them and change momentum in the game, but I just don't like playing that way. I like realism. Sure, some coaches to go for it on 4th down, but not all the time, maybe once per game. Sure, some coaches do use no-huddle, but in Madden it's unrealistic because of how the players fatigue, the audible options and other things.

I guess I just like good old fashioned smash mouth football.

16. I agree Jazzbo. I played one of those lowlifes and smoked them until the last minute because the fool quit.

17. jazzbo It is funny to hear you say you like smashmouth football especially since you havent seen any from your favorite team in about a decade

18. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Dallas: 3-3
    Pittsburgh: 2-3

And Dallas doesn't get two games a year against the Bungles.

So, I'm sorry Phatboi, what were you saying?

19. yeah but you lost to an expansion team, IN THEIR FIRST GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously jazz, the cowgirls suck, the steelers are just playing like crap. that is all changings as we speak, you'll see next monday night

20. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You talk a lot of smack boy. A lot. Just LOOK at the records. LOOK at them. Oh "the steelers are just playing like crap", but "the cowgirls suck."

Look, the Steelers are the ones that came within a game, (although they choked), of the Super Bowl, and were supposed to get there this year, but it looks to me like the Steelers are the ones that SUCK! The Cowboys are rebuilding, and they're playing better than the Steelers. And one of our wins didn't come against the Bungles.

And Houston, yeah, I bet any team in the league would've lost that game. I bet you. Houston was FIRED UP with their new team, new stadium, and against their interstate rival. Dallas had no game film to study on the Texans, and they lost to a team that didn't care about anything in the world except for winning that game. So, you go ahead Phatboi, and talk all day about how they lost that game, and if the Cowboys do by some chance make the playoffs, you keep on crying and crying and saying, "But they lost to an expansion team, but they lost to an expansion team, but they lost ... to ... an ..."

And you know what, someone may here you.