Online retailers w/ in stock Dingwall Combustions?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Saetia, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I've been looking all over and can't seem to find a place online that has any Dingwall Combustion basses for sale. Have missed out on them in private sales and am jonesing pretty bad. Anyone know of any retailers that are stocking them? My efforts harbor no avail. Every place seems to have a waiting list and a buy in with a tentative ship date but from what I've heard and read, they take longer than quoted. I would like to not have to wait 6 months for a non-custom bass. A Combustion is an itch I need scratched. So I come to all of you as I may just be looking in the wrong places.

Thanks a ton.

-Benny

Garret Graves likes this.
  2. rulefuzz

rulefuzz

Jul 29, 2015
    Oregon
    well, i waited more than a year for mine lol.

you're lucky if they are ever on time and deliver it in 6 months time.

Saetia likes this.
  3. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    Bass ship Seattle, had one in black

Saetia likes this.
  4. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    Check "Bass Central".

smogg and Saetia like this.
  5. joel406

joel406

Dec 27, 2013
    Florida
    Yep. Just checked. Bass central has several combustion models in stock. Right now.

Saetia likes this.
  6. Manichga

Manichga

Aug 13, 2013
    Australia
    If you want to check out bass centre melbourne and bass gear direct in sydney, australia, i kmow they both have 4 strings in stock, not sure about 5's. The aussie dollar is a pile of steaming manure so the exchange rate for you lovely people should be good. I know someone recently bought a ding from George at bass gear direct and there were issues with importing etc but i think it turned out well in the end. You would have to find the post.

Saetia likes this.
  7. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I haven't called bass central yet but I've tried emailing twice now with no return email. I would have purchased the white or black v4 5 string. The NG2 in white is sexy too but 2 emails in 3 weeks with no return. I'll try calling on lunch today

8. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    I understand :)

9. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Thank you all btw!

Moved my Modulus for one then the one I was going to buy sold 3 hours before I msg'd. I have a buy back clause with my Moddy.

10. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    All are sold similar on order. Talked to grasshopper. Nice dude.

AztecViking likes this.
  11. Rhythmman535

Rhythmman535 Supporting Member

May 9, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    I'll sell you my white one. PM if interested and I'll send you picks and description.

12. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Pretty sure they are all on order and out a bit yet.

There is a guy from a FB buy sell who was looking to have his bought out because it's been 2 months more than quote.

Also, Grasshopper said the 8 month quote on their pages are actually 10 or more.

They have 1 NG-2 5 string in Green in stock at Bass Central though.

13. Nofrets2

Nofrets2 Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Try New Jersey Guitar & Bass

14. InhumanResource

InhumanResource Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2012
    You'll pay through the nose there. Jay is a little nuts regarding pricing.

15. soulstew

soulstew Supporting Member

May 15, 2014
    North Dakota
    Saetia and wintremute like this.
  16. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Booger Guy

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Bass San Diego

Saetia and Garret Graves like this.
  17. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggbassplayer.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    I second this, last time I was there they had several Dings

18. Saetia

Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Looks like I may be late on that one too. Unfortunate things happened today, alternator on one car died and then our Subaru was slammed in a round-a-bout. It's always something when it comes to me getting my Dingy.

Thank you all for the help, everywhere I look has them on order. In a couple months I'll try again and keep prowling the used market. Talked to Grasshopper, if I can't find a used one again, I'll get on an order over at Bass Central, dude was on point.

19. inanimate_carb

inanimate_carb

Aug 11, 2016
    Cruising Reverb.com might be of help. I do see new ones pop up, but they don't last long.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022