1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

online study with notation->fretboard

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by blakelock, Jun 3, 2014.

1. blakelock

blakelock

Dec 16, 2009
    hi all,
    i'm working on reading music notation and, although there are many online study resources (studybass, musictheory.net, therhythmtrainer.com, emusictheory.com), i haven't found what i'm looking for.

i'd like an exercise that gives me a musical note on the staff and then i have to pick the place on the neck where it's played. most exercises seem to have note name->fret position or note on staff->note name.

2. mambo4

mambo4

Jun 9, 2006
    Dallas
    Like this?
    attachment.

3. blakelock

blakelock

Dec 16, 2009
  4. phmike

phmike

Oct 25, 2006
    Nashville, TN
  5. blakelock

blakelock

Dec 16, 2009
    this is pretty much it!! thanks ....except the fretboard is upside down!!?? most study guides have the bass the other way around. it's weird the wooten chose to have his this way.
    anyway, thanks for the site.

6. phmike

phmike

Oct 25, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Yeah I don't like it that way either. It's kinda like you are setting across from a teacher and you have to point at the teacher's fretboard to identify the notes.

7. lyla1953

lyla1953

Jul 18, 2012
    Don't know if it will help but check out "fretboard flashcards" from www.12tonemusic.com
    They were better for me because I have the instrument in my hands and can hear the notes when played. I used mine with a chromatic tuner when self studying - If you like what you see I have a complete set I'll let go cheap!