Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Online UK Jaco bass dealer?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by genesis6891, Nov 11, 2003.

1. genesis6891

genesis6891

May 29, 2003
    Hi guys,

I'd love to get my hands on a Jaco Pastorius signature model, the fretless version obviously, but no way can I afford to pay the full price in one go. I live in the UK and was looking on the web, and found Musicians Friend which was an awesome concept and they were selling the JP sig. bass with the option of monthly installments...only to find that they aren't allowed to ship Fender products to the UK.

So does anyone know of a place that I could get a JP sig. model, preferably with the option of installments (for however long)?

Cheers!

*edit* Tried Music123.com with the same result :(

2. JRB

JRB Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    I don't but if you have a friend in the states you can use them as a middle man. Good luck.

3. Try www.soundslive.co.uk, I'm sure they had the Jaco model last time I looked. Check them out, I got my Yammy from there, decent place, fairly good prices.

or www.gak.co.uk, try that as well.

Peace. :)

4. genesis6891

genesis6891

May 29, 2003
    Zebraface cheers for those man! Soundsalive would be perfect but even at 36 months for installments I can't really afford to do 45 quid a month, what with having to save up for a trip to Aussie land next year! Ah well, one for the future I guess.

Frustrating that places like Musicians Friend are selling the bass for like half the price of what it is in the UK!