1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Only Bass Mods K634

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by YCBass, Aug 19, 2017.

1. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Price:
    Strings:
    Back for sale. For good this time as I pulled the trigger on my dream bass and need to pay for it.

Bass Mods K634
    -Alder body in a beautiful Cherryburst finish.
    -Maple neck & fingerboard with black blocks and binding.
    -34" scale.
    -Nordstrand 70’s wind single coil pickups.
    -Bass Mods 3-band 9-volt EQ (Volume, Blend, Mid with pull for bright, stacked Treble/Bass).
    -Hipshot USA A-style bridge (19mm) & string retainers with licensed/import Ultra-lite tuners.
    -11.2 lbs by bathroom scale (using the weigh myself with & without method).
    *No case or bag but it will be shipped double boxed (the way Bass Mods shipped it to me).
    *Dunlop strap button is not included - a standard one will be reinstalled.

This one sounds like a good modern J bass. The Nordy pickups are very fat but tight and articulate sounding. The preamp is very powerful and versatile. I love the bright switch on the Mid knob, it adds a bit of mids and the highs shimmer like an MTD or something modern like that (in my opinion). The slap tone is tight and quick. I've really loved having this bass but I still think I'm just kidding myself with 6'ers, and of course, GAS.

Purchased new ones in Jan. 2016; She has seen very little action (as I have seen very little action, LOL), so it is in excellent condition with only the usual minor playing wear - the usual "slap swirls" on the pickguard below the C string and a short surface scratch in the back by one of the neck bolts by way of a slip of a screwdriver (I'll explain). Speaking of neck bolts, since this is TB, the bass was Plek'd at the factory and it played great out of the box BUT I decided to see if I can make it even better so I added some shims in the neck pocket and now it plays absolutely amazing - the action is super low and all notes play cleanly. So the slip happened when I put the neck back on.

This is a relatively rare chance to get a Bass Mods 6 at this time since they are not currently selling them. According to Robert at Bass Mods, his Plek machine is an older one and the 6 and 7 strings take hours to do (he said something like 5 or 6 hours per bass); and since 5's are his main sellers, the last few batches have been mostly 5's and some 4's. He didn't give me an ETA on when they'll continue, but he just said he needed a great business year in order to upgrade his Plek. When I thought I was a 6-string player, I regularly checked around for used ones and they seem to have dried up recently.

$1100.00 shipped in ConUS. PayPal ok. Alaska, Puerto Rico & Hawai'i extra.

PM for questions... Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    grapevine, feelinlow and KeithPas like this.
  2. KeithPas

KeithPas Supporting Member

May 16, 2000
    Poulsbo,Wa
    That is a lot of bass for a little over a grand. I am continually impressed with the basses that I see Bass Mods putting out.

3. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Thank you! They do feel and play more expensive than they are. There's a lot of detailed work put in when they are received from the international manufacturer.

4. basspedaler

basspedaler Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2013
    Wiltson!-NC
    really beautiful axe! dunno if i can handle 6 either, but that is a tempting beauty..

5. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Available once again...

6. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Price drop bump.