1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Only in Detroit.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
  2. Makes me weep for humanity...

3. I forget the statistic, but this kind of things happens a lot.

4. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    here's more info-
    http://www.wftv.com/news/8529743/detail.html

There are a couple videos in that link. In one there is a tape being played of an incident a month prior to Turner's call, where a woman shot in the head by her husband called and the operator blew her off as being mentally ill.

5. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Yeah... :scowl: ...this incident is all over the so-called 'new media'... Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, etc... have been getting a ton of mileage out of this... not to mention the Fox News Channel... and then there's the internet news and blogs... Holy Cow!

If it's any consolation... all you TBers there in the Motor City... don't be too embarrassed, 'cuz 'KeithBMI' is right... Events similar to this do happen in other major metropolitan areas... not just Detroit... unfortunately you guys are taking the sensationalism hit right now... :rollno:

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    I'm a bit curious if someone has done a study to see if there is a correlation between caller demographics and ignored 911 calls.

7. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

...and the local attorney (for the underdog) Geoffrey Figer makes plans to add more square footage to his law firm.

In this case the dispatcher truly deserves whatever happens to them.

8. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    "Only in Detroit" Bad Brains? Come on, get over the Detroit bashing already. Like Keith said, this happens other places too.

9. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Only on earth, maybe.

10. BillytheBassist

BillytheBassist

Aug 18, 2005
    Texas
    Seriously some sad ****!

11. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    The Mitten
    Detroit is a mess in a lot of ways.....but this doesn't happen ONLY in Detroit. :(

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    Who cares where it happens. I'm usually against law suits but in this case they have every right and should sue. That kid seems like a pretty smart 6 year old and family will need the money.

How is that normal?

I think 911 can be bad anywhere yes, I called few times, once respond was very good, but it was in a different city. In San Jose, they didn’t bother to show up. Said they would, but nope.

13. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I didn't really mean "only in Detroit" like that, it's just that the city gets very bad publicity. I guess I'm not helping though by bashing the city.

14. bassthumpa

bassthumpa

Aug 31, 2004
    Austin, TX
    Something tells me that Flava Flav is getting some play back home right about now... I think most of of you know what song I'm talking about...

15. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Ever try to fire a MUNI driver? After he was caught DUI? ON DUTY???????

Some government unions are just TOO strong...