1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

ONYX Wheel - 10 mm shank

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by BGreaney, May 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BGreaney

BGreaney Guest

Mar 7, 2005
    Alright so here's the deal. I bought this wheel about 2 weeks ago. I found out after I bought it that the shank I ordered was too big (I thought I measured right, obviously I was wrong). Anyway, someone grabbed it accidentally and used it so now I can't exchange it for one with the correct shank size. Just looking for someone to take it off my hands so I can get a new one. Please make sure that this is the size you need. It's only been used once. $65 + shipping. PM's the preferred contact method...Thanks.

2. philly

philly

Nov 20, 2004
    nyc
    can't you just switch out that post for the one that fits?
    Go down to Ideal music (22nd street)they might have one for you.

3. BGreaney

BGreaney Guest

Mar 7, 2005
    Yea I was thinking about that, but how much does a new post cost?

4. philly

philly

Nov 20, 2004
    nyc
  5. David Wiener

David Wiener Banned

Sep 30, 2005
    Huntington, NY
    Hi - A friend of mine ordered the same wheel with the wrong size shaft (12 mm). He needs a 10mm shaft. What size do you need? If he has what you want, maybe we could just swap shafts. I live on Long Island but come into New York.

Thanks, Dave

QUOTE=BGreaney]Alright so here's the deal. I bought this wheel about 2 weeks ago. I found out after I bought it that the shank I ordered was too big (I thought I measured right, obviously I was wrong). Anyway, someone grabbed it accidentally and used it so now I can't exchange it for one with the correct shank size. Just looking for someone to take it off my hands so I can get a new one. Please make sure that this is the size you need. It's only been used once. $65 + shipping. PM's the preferred contact method...Thanks.[/QUOTE]

6. David Wiener

David Wiener Banned

Sep 30, 2005
    Huntington, NY
    Hi- Upton's wheel is not manufactured by Onyx and therefor you cannot be certain the the threaded shaft will match up. The only way to be sure to get the right size thread is to order another shaft from Lemur who carries the onyx wheel. Unfortunately, a new shaft is $15 plus $6 for shipping. Dave

7. David Wiener

David Wiener Banned

Sep 30, 2005
    Huntington, NY
    Hi- It is very possible that the thread is different. The one at Ideal music is definitely a different shaft. It is not even the same stainless. It is black paint coated steel rather than staninless steel. I have already been thru all of this when I had to change shaft sizes for other wheels. If you don't stay with the exact manufacturer, you are asking for trouble. The threading could be the same diameter but the threading itself could be different. Dave

8. David Wiener

David Wiener Banned

Sep 30, 2005
    Huntington, NY
    Hi hilly- No offense but you don't know what you are talking about. The shaft and bracket is threaded on the Onyx brand. Why would you want to starrt drilling out parts when you can simply order the exact correct part from Lemur. We are only talking $20 shipped. Dave

9. B. Graham

B. Graham Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    I'm interested in the wheel. Please send a PM if it's for sale.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.