Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ooh, I can hardly wait!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Woodchuck, May 13, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    For all of you who wished for this!
    -------------------------------------------------
    Fred Durst appears to be hungry like the wolf. Though busy redoing Limp Bizkit's next album with new guitarist Mike Smith, he's been finding time to devote to a solo side project called Pacifica.

A debut album from Pacifica — an '80s, new wave-influenced batch of songs that Durst has described as reminiscent of Duran Duran — is still in its "very early stages," according to an Interscope Records spokesperson.

"It's very '80s," Durst told Rolling Stone. "I don't want to say it sounds like Howard Jones or A Flock of Seagulls. Maybe it sounds more like Duran Duran or Soft Cell — this will be a more polished, modern takeoff of those things." The album is not currently on Interscope's release schedule.

The recording of the Pacifica album is not expected to hamper sessions for the next Bizkit album, whose latest title is Panty Sniffer, according to a recent online post from Durst (see "Revamped Limp Bizkit Album Now Due In September"). The album's release was pushed back from May until September to allow the group to record new songs with Smith, which has also affected Bizkit's summer tour schedule, according to a band spokesperson.

2. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    To the man who shoots Fred Durst I will bring cartons of cigarettes in prison.

EDIT: I had one too many to's.

3. At first I thought that "Panty Sniffer" would be a great title for a Spinal Tap album, but then it occured to me that they are much more clever than that.

Is this guy (Durst) for real? I'm sure he's been keeping all his primo tunes for his solo album.:rolleyes:

4. "All mouth, no trousers"

I mean, c'mon, how much can he talk before someone starts getting onto him about the product?

:rolleyes:

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, fred durst WAS in the navy...you know how sailors can be :D

6. Killdar

Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    the reason everyone has something against limp bizkit it durst himself. A solo album is just wrong. The dudes from Bizkit should make an album without him, then I bet they'd be more popular than ever.

sort of a new album similar to the old-school days of Bizkit, but with a replacement for Fred might be nice.

7. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    lol, dude! :D

8. Ben Mishler

Ben Mishler

Jan 22, 2003
    San Jose
    I am with you. I'll even bring him two cartons.

9. 5stringDNA

5stringDNA

Oct 10, 2002
    Englewood, CO
    :meh: I think my first post got deleted. I don't know why it would have though. Maybe it just didn't go through.

Boo on durst I say. Limp bizkit definately is not one of my favorite groups, but I think they would be much better off without good ol' Fred. This new solo album will probably make many people vomit in the cd store as they browse through the racks of new releases...:D

10. He should change the band name to Durstran Durtsran.

Is it just me, of does the world feel like it's spinning backwards?

11. Desdenova

Desdenova

Feb 18, 2003
    Hampton, VA
    That's just not true. I hate them for their music.

12. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Fred Durst said I was too weird a player to be in his band. Yay for me!

13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Soft Cell and Duran Duran, huh? $10 says his "original" new wave songs include the titles "Tainted Glove" and "Thirsty like the Wolf".

14. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

he be no pirate kitty kitty though....arr! :D

15. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    :( my post got deleted. anyway......

like i said, I reckon the release of this album will be one of the happiest, funniest moments of my life.

remember the Mont Python sketech about the world's funniest joke killing everybody with laughter?
    .....Fred Durst is due to be the only human left on this planet.

16. .... And then Hitler attacks with the one about the dog.... CLASSIC!!!

BTW: Fr3d DuR$T sUx.

17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Did you audition for his band with that whole "be a bizkit" guitar audition thang?

Don't be shocked if you hear your riffs on panty sniffer or "I heart the 80s "

18. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Hopefully there will be enough room in the used/cutout CD racks in stores across America.

19. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Ha! I actually was running the auditions in New Orleans, and I figured after I heard 100 really crappy guitar players, I'd give it a shot. My little brother would have killed me if I didn't at least try, so I did it for him. I played all my Crimson/Meshuggah inspired stuff, so I doubt they will be able to rip me off.

My buddy, on the other hand, played some riffs in 4/4, one of which you can hear on the new Limp song on the website.:spit:

20. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    I smoke Camel Lights. No soft packs please.