Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ooh, ooh, ooh! New EHX Releases!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by tplyons, Feb 9, 2004.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    You guys gotta know how much I love the Big Muff, I'm psyched about this one: Electro Harmonix is releasing the Double Muff! They say:

Double Muff- We put two of our classic transistor '69 plug-in Muff Fuzz effects together in one box – which means double the trouble! Using just one gives you a hint of milky distortion, or cascading the second lets you turn your milk into cream.

If you dig Keith Richard's gritty gooves and soulful flow, the DOUBLE MUFF will let you cop it.
    :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

And the Pulsar: Vintage-style tremolo with variable wave form. If you can't get into the Pulsar, you'd better check your pulse.

And coming for a short time in June: Limited Production Run of the 16 Second Digital Delay Reissue

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    UPDATE: I just placed an order on a Double Muff. Should be here in a few days. Will review it then!

3. wingnutkj

wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Scotland
    Nice! Although it'd be nice if the Double Muff had a double footswitch arrangement, for those crank-the-intensity-up-another-notch moments.

4. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Would I be correct in assuming that the double muff is going to be super fuzzy?

If so... AWESOME.

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Oh no, I'm gonna have to shave it! Still can't wait. Reviews coming soon.

6. KidNamedFord

KidNamedFord

Aug 17, 2003
    MI
    i got a birthday comin up... where could i get one?

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Haven't found 'em in stores yet. I found one on eBay though, so I'll be happy cause it's brand new. I'll be one of the first on my block to own one!

8. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Damn, I just bought a single muff. If anyone is willing to donate a double muff out of pity?????

Just Kidding
    Im awaiting the review!!!!

9. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I just hope EH gets with the program and makes their newer pedals with True Bypass. I would assume they've fixed this little problem by now?

10. KidNamedFord

KidNamedFord

Aug 17, 2003
    MI
    i just ordered mine off ebay

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    No doubt the same auction as mine. Our pedals will be brothers.

12. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Recieved mine in the mail today and I guess the resaler was as anxious to try it as I was. He popped open the ceramic disc and tried out my pedal for a bit, I didn't mind the footpring but opening the box for the first time is Oh, so much fun!

I plugged it in right away, both dials vertical and in single mode I punched in and my bass goes from clean to a nice, smooth almost fuzz, rather subtle, but lovely. I crank the gain a bit and it gets a bit clankier but still a slightly timid fuzz. I love it! Flip the switch to double, and the two faced beast goes from timid little schoolgirl to all out, in-your-face fuzz! Much harsher than the American reissue in tone, but warmer than the Sovteks, a perfect medium! It's very in your face, but still much clearer than it's Big Muff brotheren, as the treble pushes through, but so does the bass! It's chunky and still manages to let through a nice bassy tone!

But of course, the usual gripes with Electro Harmonix pedals...they're a tad noisy with active electronics and they have 1/8" 9V adapters. Other than that, I can't say a word, and who can argue with something they call a muff!

Long story short: Five out of five jumpy guys, great name, great sound, great pedal. Let's just not turn this into the OD250 and have everyone running out and buying one 'cause I love 'em.

5/5 :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

13. KidNamedFord

KidNamedFord

Aug 17, 2003
    MI
    oh man now i cant wait for mine to get here... if he delivers as fast as yours i should have it by monday

parade

can you post any sound clips to keep me busy for now?

14. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If I can find the adapters I need to plug into my computer...I'm looking now...

15. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    Hey Hey!!!... We all know I started the 250 craze, and I have been kicking myslef in the ass the whole time... Stop now man, before its too late...

Alex

16. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Hey, I'm not complaining. I have two 250's ;)

17. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    [sarcasm]Please continue to mention this at every opportunity.[/sarcasm]

18. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    ahhhhh, I guess I should just give up the ghost... Oh well, the dream is over...

19. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    :p