Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

oooh, I now have a school of...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Smallequestrian, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Rumblefish :hyper: Its a new PJ Rumblefish. Nice and meaty sound. The bass is actually heavier and a little thicker than my JJ and for some reason the neck feels bigger but I don't really see a physical difference. The serial number is almost exactly 2000 behind my JJ(only 5 off). And they both look and sound good with the B100r. Most importantly this is the color I would have ordered had I had the scratch before they stopped making them.:bassist:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Nice pair of fish! Both are real lookers. :) Is that dragonfly green on the PJ and how does it sound compared to the JJ?

3. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Very sweet! I am on the hunt for a PJ to go with my JJ!

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Even cooler than the basses: the carpet :hyper:

5. Calling Dave Siff!! :hyper:

He's got a pair of lookers as well, maybe he'll pop in for this one.

6. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    The PJ just sounds meatier than the JJ. Of course part of it is the strings I think. I have TI Jazz rounds on the JJ and the PJ came with a set of rounds where the A string is almost the same gauge as the E on the TI's. I will probably be switching the PJ over to a set of TI Super Alloys when i get around to it.