1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

oooh, I now have a school of...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Smallequestrian, Feb 17, 2005.

1. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    Rumblefish :hyper: Its a new PJ Rumblefish. Nice and meaty sound. The bass is actually heavier and a little thicker than my JJ and for some reason the neck feels bigger but I don't really see a physical difference. The serial number is almost exactly 2000 behind my JJ(only 5 off). And they both look and sound good with the B100r. Most importantly this is the color I would have ordered had I had the scratch before they stopped making them.:bassist:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Nice pair of fish! Both are real lookers. :) Is that dragonfly green on the PJ and how does it sound compared to the JJ?

3. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    Very sweet! I am on the hunt for a PJ to go with my JJ!

4. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Even cooler than the basses: the carpet :hyper:

5. Calling Dave Siff!! :hyper:

He's got a pair of lookers as well, maybe he'll pop in for this one.

6. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    The PJ just sounds meatier than the JJ. Of course part of it is the strings I think. I have TI Jazz rounds on the JJ and the PJ came with a set of rounds where the A string is almost the same gauge as the E on the TI's. I will probably be switching the PJ over to a set of TI Super Alloys when i get around to it.