Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

oooh, small stone phaser

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by JacksonsMen, Feb 15, 2006.

1. hey guys, i just picked un an EH SmallStone Phaser from my local music shop and this thing is sick, two colors and a rate knob makes it seem pretty bare bones but it has one of the sickest sounds to it. great for solo stuff. ill do more of a write up when i get a chance to practice with it tonight.

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Nice grab! I like fast phasers for Tony Levin type sounds, but I also love making HUGE swells.

3. yeah, this thing can go from nearly unnoticable swell to almost modulator type sounds. im sure ill fall more in love with it the more i use it

the box is cool too!

4. MarztekMilita

MarztekMilita

Feb 10, 2005
    Pinole
    That little thing is one of the coolest effects that I own. With just a twist of the knob you go from a slow swell, to a twisting vortex. Nice.

5. CallMeBlind

CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    France
    What about volume drop?

6. none, seriously i was a bit worried, but i havent noticed any volume drop what so ever with it, and i used it all night tonight in practice.

7. CallMeBlind

CallMeBlind

Jul 19, 2003
    France
    Interesting, maybe it is a new version, with fixed volume.

8. ive only realy played it at low volumes and very high, band supported volumes, so there may be a very little bit, but nothing ive noticed

9. The Small Stone simply rules!

10. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    There's a good reason my avatar is a ram ;)

11. FunkyWorm

FunkyWorm

Jan 27, 2006
    Seattle,WA
    My first post here on the boards:). I have to agree....the Small Stone is great. Try running it into a Small Clone:D