Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ooooh...Epifani Performance Series??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ElephantTalk, Jan 20, 2006.

1. ElephantTalk

ElephantTalk

Jan 20, 2005
    Indy
    Anyone heard the details yet?
    Someone around here had pics of NAMM with some of the cabinets showing.

I guess I might have to wait until after the weekend.:meh:

2. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    It looks like new cabs and amps. For what its worth I emailed the Marketing department, but I am sure they are very busy right now so I don't expect a quick reply. I am very interested in hearing the details as I am probably buying stuff from them very soon.

3. It's a new 'lower end' product line for Epifani.... I guess their equivalent of the Workingpro SWR or Nemesis Eden stuff (although I assume it's a step up from that). It looks pretty nice from the NAMM pictures and I'm sure sounds great.

However... most of us were hoping for the 902 to be announced and finally delivered.... not a peep:bawl:

4. ElephantTalk

ElephantTalk

Jan 20, 2005
    Indy
    Lower end??? Sheeesh.. all of my excitement for nothing.

I guess I'll have to turn my attention to the 902 with rest of you.

The drool has to go towards sumthin'.

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    how cheap we talking?

and in some of the pics on the grooveshoppe forum, i noticed performance series cabs, too! that should be killer. neo-lyte Epi cabs at a lower price point? :cool:

6. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Beta Tester: Source Audio
    I wonder if the will be Neo-lyte, that would seem to cannibalize their Ul line.

7. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Man... I love Epi gear.

But for some reason, I'm not very excited about this...

8. Does anybody know how much they list for?

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yep, me too. What I already own rocks, so I'll stick with it.

-Mike

10. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The performance boxes are bigger, heavier, less expensive
    boxes with standard speakers. A lower lever "economy"
    line of boxes. I don't think they are the same as the original
    Epi boxes.

11. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    The Epi Performance Series is a more affordable series, with retaining the Epifani quality in performance. I AB'd the UL and Performance cabs at the NAMM show, the Performance cabs gave an extended low end yet maintained the mid articulation and sweet smooth highs as the UL's. The spker's are not NEO, so the cabs are a little heavier than the UL's but less than the NYC's. The cabs are a little bigger so as to contribute to the frequency and tonal responce of the new spker's.
    The Performance 600 amp is actually a single channel to the 502UL. Still 600 watts @ 4 ohms and 8 lbs. (This makes it a more affordable amp) no loss in quality or performance.
    Just about everyone that stopped by the Epi booth preferred the Performance Series over the UL's.
    I'm staying with my 410UL, I still get plenty of lows and I love the weight.

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    wow, 8 lbs.?!?! sweet! the interest is back on the burner. :p

13. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC
    hmm i so is there a performance 1x12" box coming out? All i could tell from a search is the 2x10" at $499, Amp at $999

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Count me as interested then. I still will get the 502 though.

-Mike

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
  16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yep. I saw that. I'm running out of good reasons not to buy it. :eek:

-Mike

17. Shiveringbass

Shiveringbass

Aug 21, 2005
    France
    Double wow !!!
    8 lbs...
    When that little funky crazy sweety machine will be available ?

Sheers

18. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    Hi John, yes there is a Performance 112, it's 300 watts @ 8 ohm and 41 lbs. A little heavier than the UL but lighter than the NYC. Street price is $399.00. I played through one 112 and then 2-112's, they procuced a great low end punch like the NYC cabs but lighter. I like them better than my UL's.
    Nick said the Performance Series 600 is in production and should hit the stores in 60 days. I have my name on one of those also.
    The Perf. 600 also has a treble shift button and with the mid cut button has a level control so you can sweap it from 1200 to 800. (It's set at 1000) On the 502, the mid cut is at 1000 also but just inside the casing top center, is a trim pot you can adjust if you wish to.

19. thejohnkim

thejohnkim

Sep 30, 2003
    NYC

Thanks. Those 1x12"s sound really interesting. I'll most likely buy one if i try and like, but maybe two if it convinces me to ditch 10's

20. Mac,

Sorry if I missed it in the thread, but what is the price of the Performance 410?

Thanks.